Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Old September 13th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
robdizzle

Default Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

that looks amazing

--
robdizzle

Borgschulze wrote:
You just wasted 5 seconds of my time.

apparently i do that alot
sorry
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

But rather that ti will react with air at high temperatures. So you need
to weld it in a sealed chamber with a different gas.
But then at lower temps it is super stable. So there would be no need
for paint. It doesn't corrode at all I think.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

Woow, this looks like the best trials frame ever
Nice round crown and cool design.
Plus strong and light at the same time.
Nice work Sponge with this project, hope to see them soon on
Municycle.com

Peter M

--
Probailer2

Supported by www.municycle.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Wow, that is a beautiful frame!

Any chance of them making a 26"/29"/36" version? I'm definitely up for
one if it can be produced.

Ken

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The Monguni 2009....Unicycle Tour of Mongolia

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

So glad I didn't get an xtp!

--
wickedbob

R.I.P JOHNNY HART[/b]
[b]R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

Ducttape wrote:
not gonna show you it tonight becasue I am going to play with it until I
go to bed to get it just right....

BEFORE YOU TYPE THAT SAYING I WAS EVIL CLICK
THIS (\"HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/FORUMS/PROFILE.PHP?DO=ADDLIST&USERLIST=IGNORE&U=14353\")
AND DON'T WORRY! EVERYONE CAN SHUT!
Unicycle for what you want and believe in
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo_h

Awsome! they actualy rock! nice job sponge.
I was wandering which hubs will fit on it?
I'm gonna buy a new frame anyway soon as me old one is pretty much had
it an is well wide, i'm really interested in buying one if you get more
made for sale.

leo

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
r-cormier

wow those look really nice this is almost the exact sort of frame i
want. Man, too bad about that price though...... Do you know if they
weigh more or less than an xtp?

--
r-cormier
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

feel the light wrote:
So there would be no need for paint. It doesn't corrode at all I
think.

Correct, no need for paint. Incorrect, it does corrode, just like
aluminum and steel. However, for alu and ti, the corrosion forms what
is called a "passivation layer"; only the top layer of the metal
oxidizes, forming a hard, (mostly) clear protective layer, protecting
the underlying metal. Anodization simply thickens this naturally
occuring passivation layer through an electrochemical process.

When steel corrodes, it forms pits on the surface and a thick layer of
rust that flakes off. However, when mixed with chromium ("stainless
steel") the chromium forms this passivation layer for it, preventing
rusting.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I love it when good design meets good craftsmanship!

When I first looked at the frame I thought the plate under the
seat-tube might cause problems with creating compressed air/vacuum when
inserting or removing the seatpost but then I realized it was a
brainfart and that seatposts are hollow and it would be a non issue. I
also realized that by removing that hollow space you likely just
increased the lateral stiffness of the frame.

That frame looks awesome! I don’t do much trials but if it came
in a size suitable for a 26X3 GAZZ wheelset I would be very interested
in getting one.

Great work

ERIC

--
saskatchewanian

The Coker isn't elegant, it's majestic
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 14th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

sick...
any idea on the weight compared to a KH or xtp?

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

johnfoss wrote:
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com