Lance's retirement.

Old October 31st 04, 01:05 AM
Callistus Valerius

Default Lance's retirement.

Now that it's becoming more obvious that Lance has retired, what will we
all do now? Find a good spot to store the bike in the garage? How 'bout
water sports, or a Harley? I've already got my eye on a great sea kayak, I
wonder if they'll trade it for my bike.

Old October 31st 04, 01:11 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

I haven't heard that Lance is retiring, and would like to know why you think
he is. Please post links to articles and/or explain your reasoning. I
couldn't disagree with you more.

k.net...

Old October 31st 04, 01:34 AM
Sierraman

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." wrote in message
I haven't heard that Lance is retiring, and would like to know why you

think
he is. Please post links to articles and/or explain your reasoning. I
couldn't disagree with you more.

He's going to pull a MJ.

Old October 31st 04, 01:47 AM
Stewart Fleming

Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
I haven't heard that Lance is retiring, and would like to know why you think
he is. Please post links to articles and/or explain your reasoning. I
couldn't disagree with you more.

Because they raised the one-day licence fee to $10.
Old October 31st 04, 02:30 AM
Howard Kveck

In article t,
"Callistus Valerius" wrote:

How 'bout water sports,

Well, if that's what you're into, but be sure to take a shower
afterwards.

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old October 31st 04, 04:11 AM
RWM

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." wrote in message
I haven't heard that Lance is retiring, and would like to know why you
think
he is. Please post links to articles and/or explain your reasoning. I
couldn't disagree with you more.

Do a search on Callistus and you will see that he thinks of himself as a
high level troll. He follows the sport but seems to take great pride in
starting silly threads.

Old October 31st 04, 12:49 PM
Roadrash Dunc

Callistus Valerius Wrote:
Now that it's becoming more obvious that Lance has retired, what will we
all do now? Find a good spot to store the bike in the garage? How 'bout
water sports, or a Harley? I've already got my eye on a great sea
kayak, I
wonder if they'll trade it for my bike.

Probably take up law.
He's had some practice and going to be having alot more.

--
Roadrash Dunc

Old October 31st 04, 12:58 PM
gooserider

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
k.net...
Now that it's becoming more obvious that Lance has retired, what will

we
all do now? Find a good spot to store the bike in the garage? How 'bout
water sports, or a Harley? I've already got my eye on a great sea kayak,

wonder if they'll trade it for my bike.

Yeah. I'm quite certain Discovery Networks forked out all the bucks to pick
up sponsorship without locking Lance into a contract.

Old October 31st 04, 01:10 PM
B. Lafferty

"gooserider" wrote in message
. ..

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
k.net...
Now that it's becoming more obvious that Lance has retired, what will

we
all do now? Find a good spot to store the bike in the garage? How 'bout
water sports, or a Harley? I've already got my eye on a great sea kayak,

wonder if they'll trade it for my bike.

Yeah. I'm quite certain Discovery Networks forked out all the bucks to
pick
up sponsorship without locking Lance into a contract.

Courts, as a general rule, don't enforce personal service contracts. They
would award damages for a breach. I suspect there is a provision in the
contract to reflect a pay scale linked to retirement timing.

Old October 31st 04, 02:49 PM
Greg

He didn't race in SF because of hurt knee.

Lance's Historic Ride Badger General 1 November 13th 04 11:32 AM
Lance's fall season..........??? Charles Hizark Racing 12 August 27th 04 01:50 AM