Vote For Moderating the Group

Old September 23rd 05, 10:50 PM
Ken Prager

Default Vote For Moderating the Group

In article .com,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

rec.bicycles.racing used to be a great group but it has really run
downhill.

I'd be willing to moderate the group if you wouldn't mind a 2 day delay
over weekends. Or maybe someone else can act as co-moderator?

Moderation sure worked for rec.bicycles.off-road.

KP
Old September 23rd 05, 10:55 PM
B. Lafferty

"Ken Prager" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

rec.bicycles.racing used to be a great group but it has really run
downhill.

I'd be willing to moderate the group if you wouldn't mind a 2 day delay
over weekends. Or maybe someone else can act as co-moderator?

Moderation sure worked for rec.bicycles.off-road.

KP

This is an excellent idea. Let Kunich moderate rbr so that rbr will finally
die completely. Then we can think about a closed access list allowing for
only cycle racing news and discussion with another list for doping
discussion once that issue is raised on the first list.

Old September 23rd 05, 11:24 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:37:37 GMT, "Jim Flom "
wrote:

"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

I'd be willing to moderate the group

Does anybody else find this offer amusing?

Hilarious.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Old September 23rd 05, 11:26 PM
Frank Drackman

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

rec.bicycles.racing used to be a great group but it has really run
downhill.

I'd be willing to moderate the group if you wouldn't mind a 2 day delay
over weekends. Or maybe someone else can act as co-moderator?

This has to be someone spoofing Tom. Can you imagine what a gruop moderated
by TK would be like? The horror of it all.

Old September 23rd 05, 11:27 PM
Carl Sundquist

B. Lafferty wrote:

This is an excellent idea. Let Kunich moderate rbr so that rbr will finally
die completely. Then we can think about a closed access list allowing for
only cycle racing news and discussion with another list for doping
discussion once that issue is raised on the first list.

What's wrong with the existing one, ?

Old September 23rd 05, 11:50 PM

On that note, Saddam Hussein has volunteered to moderate Iraq so that
Bush can concentrate on Katrina.

Old September 24th 05, 12:52 AM
Bill C

Jim Flom wrote:
"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

I'd be willing to moderate the group

Does anybody else find this offer amusing?

JF

--
http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

I could go for this with Howard as comoderator as long as they both
have the ability to approve any post, but I'd rather keep the
responsibility on the individual. If you don't want to read it, then
don't. There are enough tools out there to limit the noise to whatever
you want. Personally I'm willing to live with the noise because since
Vern left, other than some CP meltdowns, it's been content oriented,
not just masturbating to personal abuse in public.
Bill C

Old September 24th 05, 01:52 AM
Stu Fleming

wrote:
On that note, Saddam Hussein has volunteered to moderate Iraq so that
Bush can concentrate on Katrina.

Thanks for the reminder. What happened to his trial schedule?
Old September 24th 05, 02:57 AM
D. Ferguson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:49:46 -0700, "Geraard Spergen"
wrote:

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
roups.com...
I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

rec.bicycles.racing used to be a great group but it has really run
downhill.

I'd be willing to moderate the group if you wouldn't mind a 2 day delay
over weekends. Or maybe someone else can act as co-moderator?

A lot of us consider you to BE one of the nutjobs.

"A lot"???? Show me someone who doesn't and I'll show you someone to
put on the list.

Kunich moderating rbr.....

What's next? Chang giving "manners" lessons?

Armstrong hires Lafferty as his PR manager?

Crit Poo takes Riis' job at CSC?