Do a "Cat walk"

Old March 31st 05, 03:58 AM
UNIquelyCanadian

Default Do a "Cat walk"

We were out for our nightly ride and we had people on ten different
occasions call out "Do a cat walk" "Cat Walk" etc.

What's with that? They have stopped asking: "where your other wheel" and
have moved on to "Do a Cat Walk. So far our only response is to tell
them: “We are”.

Do you guys know of any other possible snappy comebacks? Also is this a
fairly common cry?

--
UNIquelyCanadian - 8~)[==)--O

"The skull is great helmet, and with no brain inside you can have
maximum protection; your teeth are safe " - Always wear a helmet.
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old March 31st 05, 04:13 AM
GTEye

What most people refer to as a catwalk is a wheelie on a bike (front end
up while pedalling). A real catwalk refers to an aerial motocross move
where the rider moves his body to one side and walks in the air beside
his bike.

--
GTEye
GTEye's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4917

Old March 31st 05, 04:23 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

What I meant was: Since a b*ke catwalk is riding on one wheel, why do
they keep asking a unicyclist do a catwalk? Also what is an appropriate
response?

Old March 31st 05, 05:17 PM
harper

Any response is appropriate to an irrational request. You might perhaps
say, "I have some carrots," or "ducks have nine toes", or "winter in
peanut butter comes turquoise" and you will have properly addressed
their request.

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"My world view has come crashing down like a drunk clown on a giraffe,
riding through a cactus patch..." -evil-nick on "Entry of the
Gladiators"

Old March 31st 05, 05:31 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
*So far our only response is to tell them: “We are”.
*

I haven't used it much, when someone says
"You're missing your other wheel"

I slowly say:
"No. It's a u n i c y c l e"

They act like I don't know I'm riding one wheel.
I act like they don't know what a unicycle is.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old March 31st 05, 05:37 PM
harper

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
*I haven't used it much, when someone says
"You're missing your other wheel"

I slowly say:
"No. It's a u n i c y c l e"

They act like I don't know I'm riding one wheel.
I act like they don't know what a unicycle is. *

That's excellent. Especially the s-l-o-w part so they can understand.

Old March 31st 05, 05:47 PM
jl0r

harper wrote:
*Any response is appropriate to an irrational request. *

Brilliant. Purely brilliant. I think I can use this at work too!

--
jl0r - TCUC Unicyclist
jl0r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4497

Old March 31st 05, 06:37 PM
Unitik908

harper wrote:
*Any response is appropriate to an irrational request. You might
perhaps say, "I have some carrots," or "ducks have nine toes", or
"winter in peanut butter comes turquoise" and you will have properly
addressed their request. *

hahaha im gonna use the " I have some carrots" thats awesome..

Chase

--
Unitik908 - Level 5

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...

R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester

Old March 31st 05, 07:35 PM
johnfoss

The proper response is:

"Of course. A cat don't skip, a cat don't hop."

From the description, it would appear that cat walk is about equal to
wheel walk. Show them you can do it if you can. Or glide away.

I used to get a lot of "Do a wheelie!" I would respond one of two
ways:
- Do a wee-wee??
- It *IS* a wheelie.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old March 31st 05, 10:25 PM
Seager

Just yell something about their mom. That trumps all.

--
Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Cool "Goal Setting" Idea tylercox Unicycling 12 January 2nd 05 07:27 PM
Walk or ride? Bill Baka General 28 December 17th 04 05:11 AM
i walk the line loki General 8 September 28th 04 09:59 PM
Stand up wheel walk uniextreme Unicycling 4 December 22nd 03 03:19 AM
How to walk safely in clipless road shoes Mike Jacoubowsky Techniques 15 August 13th 03 01:34 PM