2004 Canadian Cyclist of the Year

Old December 23rd 04, 10:01 AM
Sierraman

Default 2004 Canadian Cyclist of the Year

Vote for 2004 Canadian Cyclist of the Year...

Jeanson made the cut, Bessette did not.

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/default2.html

Am I missing something here? Lynn did have a good year, right?

http://www.geocities.com/lynebessette/E/4/home.html

B-

Old December 24th 04, 02:37 AM
amit

Sierraman wrote:
Vote for 2004 Canadian Cyclist of the Year...

Jeanson made the cut, Bessette did not.

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/default2.html

Am I missing something here? Lynn did have a good year, right?

yes dumbass,

you are missing something. the three categories are male cyclist,
female cyclist (neither GJ nor LB are candidates) and best performance.

jeanson is nominated for a best performance. you could argue LB
deserves a nomination for a best performance too, but her wins weren't
against world-class competition.

Old December 24th 04, 06:12 AM
Sierraman

"amit" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sierraman wrote:
Vote for 2004 Canadian Cyclist of the Year...

Jeanson made the cut, Bessette did not.

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/default2.html

Am I missing something here? Lynn did have a good year, right?

yes dumbass,

you are missing something. the three categories are male cyclist,
female cyclist (neither GJ nor LB are candidates) and best performance.

I'm aware of that.

jeanson is nominated for a best performance. you could argue LB
deserves a nomination for a best performance too, but her wins weren't
against world-class competition.

I saw that. Jeanson made the cut for best performance, but LB didn't make
the cut for cyclist of the year in above catagory. Personally I thought she
had a decent year, Canadian champion, Nature Valley, Sea Otter, 2nd to Faby
in Tour De Berne and that was World class. :-) As Bill said she was
considered, and if she was in there, you might be surprised how many would
vote for her. She would probably win it.

B-

Old December 24th 04, 07:32 PM
amit

Sierraman wrote:

I saw that. Jeanson made the cut for best performance, but LB didn't

make
the cut for cyclist of the year in above catagory. Personally I

thought she
had a decent year, Canadian champion, Nature Valley, Sea Otter, 2nd

to Faby
in Tour De Berne and that was World class. :-) As Bill said she was
considered, and if she was in there, you might be surprised how many

would
vote for her. She would probably win it.

all good points dumbass,

like i said you could make a case for including her in either category.

i voted for muenzer in both categories. that (i think) was the first
canadian gold medal in cycling and it took a lot of people by surprise,
and at a time when canadian cycling is going through a dry spell (on
the world stage and apart from MTB that is).

-Amit