Tour TV coverage (not a spoiler yet!)

Old June 9th 05, 06:45 PM
MartinM

Default Tour TV coverage (not a spoiler yet!)

It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.
I see itv have got "coming soon, TdF" on their website but does anyone
know what the plans are this year?
BTW I live in a freeview-free area, so just bought a **** off big
aerial and it works; but don't buy the box until you have tried one
because you can't get your money back (at least not from Argos)

Old June 9th 05, 06:56 PM
soup

MartinM wrote:
but don't buy the box until you have tried one
because you can't get your money back (at least not from Argos)

I did, just told the lady it was broken (not that I couldn't get a
signal from it) she gave me a refund then and there no questions asked.
So say it is broken rather than you can't get a signal.

--
yours S

Old June 9th 05, 07:03 PM
MartinM

soup wrote:
MartinM wrote:
but don't buy the box until you have tried one
because you can't get your money back (at least not from Argos)

I did, just told the lady it was broken (not that I couldn't get a
signal from it) she gave me a refund then and there no questions asked.
So say it is broken rather than you can't get a signal.

I think the exclusion is maybe to stop people taking the things back at
the end of the Big Brother series. When we moved house I found the
battery charger for a radio control car which we had taken back to
Argos about 18 months ago (oops). I have even heard of someone who did
the 16 day return with a scientific calculator they needed for one
maths exam.

Old June 9th 05, 07:13 PM
Simon Mason

"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.

I'll be watching it live off Eurosport if I'm not at work.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old June 9th 05, 07:49 PM
Stan Cox

Simon Mason wrote:
"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.

I'll be watching it live off Eurosport if I'm not at work.

If its the same as last year there will be an hour of highlights on
ITV2 every night with a few live stages. Bliss

Stan Cox
Old June 9th 05, 07:57 PM
Sandy Morton

In article , Simon Mason
wrote:
It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people
avoid watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over
ears and humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the
Tour" so they can watch the Tour highlights in the evening.

I'll be watching it live off Eurosport if I'm not at work.

I'll be watching it live at work - it's a hard life for some
people:-))

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island
Old June 9th 05, 09:54 PM
MartinM

Stan Cox wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
"MartinM" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.

I'll be watching it live off Eurosport if I'm not at work.

If its the same as last year there will be an hour of highlights on
ITV2 every night with a few live stages. Bliss

that's what I'm hoping; not sure how to record off freeview with a
timer on the dvdr though

Old June 10th 05, 10:55 AM
Dave Larrington

MartinM wrote:

It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the Tour" so they
can watch the Tour highlights in the evening.

Blimey, you mean there are people at your place of work who notice that the
Tour is on? (Boggles, on both pistons)

A year or three ago I got a bollocking from An Evil Squirrel for having the
temerity to have a web session open on letour.fr - one of the years when it
wasn't available on terrestrial WWP. Apparently it's OK to do this at the
Nut Mines for foopball, ruggerby and even tennis (provided it's Chickenbloke
playing) but when it's /the/ most single important sporting event of the
summer... Anyway he now works for the Overseas Development Agency and is
probably the hon sec of a tenis club to boot and serve him rite no fate is
too bad...

Give the anarchist a cigarette.

Old June 10th 05, 12:19 PM
MartinM

Dave Larrington wrote:
MartinM wrote:

It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear xxx is out of the Tour" so they
can watch the Tour highlights in the evening.

Blimey, you mean there are people at your place of work who notice that the
Tour is on? (Boggles, on both pistons)

yes but unfortunately same people think I am riding in it ;-)

Old June 11th 05, 01:25 AM
Guy Ballantine

If you have Freeveiw and were thinking of getting TopUpTV, they now have
British Eurosport in their channel line up.

My July is just set to be a great one! The only downside? They broadcast
from 14.00hrs each day so you might miss the roll out of the stage.