25mm tire recommendations?

Old January 8th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 25mm tire recommendations?

Howdy,

I am getting a new set of clincher wheels (Velocity Aerohead/OC 36 hole
for those keeping score at home...) and I am looking for some good 25mm
tires. I want 127 tpi or more. And a TRUE 25mm. And a slick "tread".

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are
actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

The only tire I have so far been considering is the Avocet Fasgrip SL K
700x25.

Comments on this tire, or other suggestions? I haven't actually seen an
Avocet since I used the original Fasgrip in the 80's.

I want high tpi or otherwise supple tires for comfort and rough-road
compliance, as well as low RR.

Joseph
Old January 8th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Joseph Santaniello wrote:
Howdy,

I am getting a new set of clincher wheels (Velocity Aerohead/OC 36 hole
for those keeping score at home...) and I am looking for some good 25mm
tires. I want 127 tpi or more. And a TRUE 25mm. And a slick "tread".

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are
actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

The only tire I have so far been considering is the Avocet Fasgrip SL K
700x25.

Comments on this tire, or other suggestions? I haven't actually seen an
Avocet since I used the original Fasgrip in the 80's.

I want high tpi or otherwise supple tires for comfort and rough-road
compliance, as well as low RR.

Joseph

stupid question: why not Michelin Pro2Race 700x23? If the 25 are in fact
28, maybe the 23 are 25.

Francesco
Old January 8th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Francesco Devittori wrote:
Joseph Santaniello wrote:
[...]

I kind of hoped that was the case, but someone measured the 23's for
me, and reported that they are indeed 23.

Now I have also gotten reports that some Michelin 25's are 25, while
others are 28!

Joseph

Old January 8th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Francesco Devittori wrote:
Joseph Santaniello wrote:

[...]

I just measured Michelin Pro2Race 700x23: 23 mm; Michelin Pro2Race
700x25: 26.5 mm.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old January 8th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Joseph Santaniello wrote:
Howdy,

I am getting a new set of clincher wheels (Velocity Aerohead/OC 36 hole
for those keeping score at home...) and I am looking for some good 25mm
tires. I want 127 tpi or more. And a TRUE 25mm. And a slick "tread".

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are
actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

The only tire I have so far been considering is the Avocet Fasgrip SL K
700x25.

Comments on this tire, or other suggestions? I haven't actually seen an
Avocet since I used the original Fasgrip in the 80's.

I want high tpi or otherwise supple tires for comfort and rough-road
compliance, as well as low RR.

Joseph

Yup, go with the Fasgrip SL K. It's a great tire and comes in nice and
close to it's stated dimensions.

Old January 8th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article ,
Joseph Santaniello wrote:

Howdy,

I am getting a new set of clincher wheels (Velocity Aerohead/OC 36 hole
for those keeping score at home...) and I am looking for some good 25mm
tires. I want 127 tpi or more. And a TRUE 25mm. And a slick "tread".

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are
actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

The only tire I have so far been considering is the Avocet Fasgrip SL K
700x25.

Comments on this tire, or other suggestions? I haven't actually seen an
Avocet since I used the original Fasgrip in the 80's.

I want high tpi or otherwise supple tires for comfort and rough-road
compliance, as well as low RR.

Avocet Fasgrip Carbon 12. 700x25, 127 tpi, 255 g.
All smooth. No tread pattern anywhere. I ride them and
like them very much for the feel and the traction.

Vittoria makes clincher tires at 220 tpi and 290 tpi.

http://www.vittoria.com/index3.asp?lingua=en

--
Michael Press
Old January 8th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Joseph Santaniello" wrote in message
Howdy,

I am getting a new set of clincher wheels (Velocity Aerohead/OC 36 hole
for those keeping score at home...) and I am looking for some good 25mm
tires. I want 127 tpi or more. And a TRUE 25mm. And a slick "tread".

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are
actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

The only tire I have so far been considering is the Avocet Fasgrip SL K
700x25.

Comments on this tire, or other suggestions? I haven't actually seen an
Avocet since I used the original Fasgrip in the 80's.

I want high tpi or otherwise supple tires for comfort and rough-road
compliance, as well as low RR.

Joseph

I ride Vittoria Open Pro CX and Vredestein TriComps. For comfort at high
pressure the Vredesteins are great and available in 23-25-28 if you hunt.
130 PSI rolls like crazy and feels and sounds like a Clement Seta. The CX
rolls maybe a bit better and is maybe a bit tougher, but the TC's are more
comfortable.

Jeffrey

Old January 8th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Michael Press" wrote in message
In article ,
Joseph Santaniello wrote:

Howdy,

I am getting a new set of clincher wheels (Velocity Aerohead/OC 36 hole
for those keeping score at home...) and I am looking for some good 25mm
tires. I want 127 tpi or more. And a TRUE 25mm. And a slick "tread".

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are
actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

The only tire I have so far been considering is the Avocet Fasgrip SL K
700x25.

Comments on this tire, or other suggestions? I haven't actually seen an
Avocet since I used the original Fasgrip in the 80's.

I want high tpi or otherwise supple tires for comfort and rough-road
compliance, as well as low RR.

Avocet Fasgrip Carbon 12. 700x25, 127 tpi, 255 g.
All smooth. No tread pattern anywhere. I ride them and
like them very much for the feel and the traction.

I too use Avocet Fasgrip 700x25 tires, both the older Japanese-made,
black/tan sidewall Fasgrip Road 30 and the newer Korean-made, all black Road
25s. Both have excellent durability, traction, reliability and low rolling
resistance. Get some, you'll like it!

Old January 8th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Joseph Santaniello" wrote in message

I have some Michelin Axial Pro and Pro2 Race 700x25 but they are

actually 28mm. I like them a lot, but they are too wide.

Joseph

Are these too 25 mm tires too wide for your frame?
Or too wide for another reason? Maybe a little extra weight?
I really like these tires. I'm a heavy guy.

I must say that I also like the Pro Race 23.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old January 8th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Michael Press wrote:
compliance, as well as low RR.

Avocet Fasgrip Carbon 12. 700x25, 127 tpi, 255 g.
All smooth. No tread pattern anywhere. I ride them and
like them very much for the feel and the traction.

Vittoria makes clincher tires at 220 tpi and 290 tpi.

What is the diff from a rider's view of different tpi? Yes, I'm new to
this sport. -paul

Tire Pressure & relationship to punctures caaron Techniques 63 August 24th 05 10:40 PM
Easy Coker Airfoil tire change john_childs Unicycling 27 June 21st 05 01:52 AM
Tire Recommendations 41 Techniques 1 April 9th 05 04:42 AM
Tire pressure recommendations Philip W. Moore, Jr. Racing 0 November 10th 04 02:10 AM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak Techniques 19 August 8th 03 03:38 AM