New Facebook group for indie bike culture ... iBike

Old January 13th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jeff potter

Default New Facebook group for indie bike culture ... iBike

Facebook has recently exploded for the nongeeks of the world.

So I set up a Group there for folks to share news/ideas about all
types of indie
bike culture, called "iBike."

We'll see if it's redundant to the blogs and forums out
there, or not.

(There are actually several iBike groups but some are private and I
guess that mine is the only Common Interest / Activity group. It looks
like FB allows redundant names but I don't know to what extent---maybe
each TYPE of group could have an instance of the same name?)

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com
Old January 13th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DC1999

On Jan 13, 7:31*am, jeff potter wrote:
Facebook has recently exploded for the nongeeks of the world.

So I set up a Group there for folks to share news/ideas about all
types of indie
bike culture, called "iBike."

We'll see if it's redundant to the blogs and forums out
there, or not.

(There are actually several iBike groups but some are private and I
guess that mine is the only Common Interest / Activity group. It looks
like FB allows redundant names but I don't know to what extent---maybe
each TYPE of group could have an instance of the same name?)

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com

My Facebook page has my picture on a Bianchi road bike. My dog's
Facebook page (Kenji Inu) has lots more friends.

Not sure what you mean by "bike culture."

Dave Clark
Old January 13th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DC1999

On Jan 13, 7:31*am, jeff potter wrote:
Facebook has recently exploded for the nongeeks of the world.

So I set up a Group there for folks to share news/ideas about all
types of indie
bike culture, called "iBike."

We'll see if it's redundant to the blogs and forums out
there, or not.

(There are actually several iBike groups but some are private and I
guess that mine is the only Common Interest / Activity group. It looks
like FB allows redundant names but I don't know to what extent---maybe
each TYPE of group could have an instance of the same name?)

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com

There are four "iBike" groups on Facebook. Which one are you and why
should there be so many?
Old January 13th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. Are you a member?

Cullen