OT Ride bike, not air

Old January 16th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default OT Ride bike, not air

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...92hudson1.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...50E8AI20090116

Jobst Brandt
Old January 16th 09, 07:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
wrote:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...92hudson1.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...50E8AI20090116

Jobst Brandt

[meta-data: photos of the US Airways A320 that ditched into the Hudson
River; no serious injuries were reported]

That first photo on the Smoking Gun is wonderful.

On a related aviation note, William Langewiesche has a fascinating
article on the 2006 Embraer-Airbus collision over the Amazon that is in
the new Vanity Fair, and available online:

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2...?currentPage=1

Interesting throughout.

Old January 16th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On a related aviation note, William Langewiesche has a fascinating
article on the 2006 Embraer-Airbus collision over the Amazon that is
in the new Vanity Fair, and available online:

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2...?currentPage=1

Weird -- twice now that page has crashed my browser. Opens long enough to
see the pic, but when I try to scroll down to read article -- poof, that
page AND my other open IE window(s) close.

Bill "more bugs than a pesticide catalog" S.

Old January 16th 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Bill Sornson wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On a related aviation note, William Langewiesche has a fascinating
article on the 2006 Embraer-Airbus collision over the Amazon that is
in the new Vanity Fair, and available online:

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2...?currentPage=1

Weird -- twice now that page has crashed my browser. Opens long
enough to see the pic, but when I try to scroll down to read article
-- poof, that page AND my other open IE window(s) close.

Also does it when no other pages open first.

Bill "more bugs than a pesticide catalog" S.

Still.

Old January 16th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Jan 16, 10:18*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
On a related aviation note, William Langewiesche has a fascinating
article on the 2006 Embraer-Airbus collision over the Amazon that is
in the new Vanity Fair, and available online:

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2...?currentPage=1

Weird -- twice now that page has crashed my browser. *Opens long enough to
see the pic, but when I try to scroll down to read article -- poof, that
page AND my other open IE window(s) close.

IE? If you use the preferred browser of sheep and look at all that
German scat porn--expect random crashes.