CO Dudes...

Old September 8th 06, 01:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Purvis

Default CO Dudes...

MattB wrote:
I got three fairly big rides in this weekend. All with great weather.
Yeah, maybe you should stay home. (j/k I'm not superstitious and I think
the "good pattern" has arrived for some great fall riding)

Perhaps you spoke too soon?

I was agreeing with this the other day when you posted this message,
but now I'm not so sure.

Rained most of the night here in Slidey. Thick overcast out there this
morning. Be careful about assuming that our wet summer is drying up.
Still summer for another couple weeks, and looks like it could be a
moist weekend.

FYI.
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

Old September 8th 06, 04:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:

I got three fairly big rides in this weekend. All with great weather.
Yeah, maybe you should stay home. (j/k I'm not superstitious and I think
the "good pattern" has arrived for some great fall riding)

Perhaps you spoke too soon?

I was agreeing with this the other day when you posted this message,
but now I'm not so sure.

Rained most of the night here in Slidey. Thick overcast out there this
morning. Be careful about assuming that our wet summer is drying up.
Still summer for another couple weeks, and looks like it could be a
moist weekend.

FYI.
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

Yeah, I musta' jinxed it .

Rained all night here too. We'll have to play it by ear.

It will be nice and tacky if it's not raining...

Matt
Old September 10th 06, 02:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Crest/Agate this weekend (9/9 - 9/10)? One or both? I'll be up there
with the MBP.

Hey, I hear there was snow up there today. A bunch.
Anyone see it first hand? MrsB and I are thinking maybe an epic Sage
loop down here, like Aberdeen or the Signal Mesa Death March. If any of
you wants to join us drop me a line. So I think I'm out unless someone
had a first-hand report that its ok. The DH wouldn't be fun with snow.

Matt
Old September 10th 06, 06:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

Are you planning on riding both days? How big is the group?

Matt

A different trail each day. We are staying at some cabins in Poncha
Springs, but you can meet us. I think the group will be about 10-12
with varying abilities. You'll have no problem keeping a pace that you
like (there are a few atomic riders in the group). I'm almost always in
the middle and there there are a few bringing up the rear.

Ahhahahaha, in the middle? You, in the middle? Hahaha. So am I a
"atomic rider" Ride-Sprinkler?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old September 10th 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Purvis

MattB wrote:

Hey, I hear there was snow up there today. A bunch.
Anyone see it first hand? MrsB and I are thinking maybe an epic Sage
loop down here, like Aberdeen or the Signal Mesa Death March. If any of
you wants to join us drop me a line. So I think I'm out unless someone
had a first-hand report that its ok. The DH wouldn't be fun with snow.

I rode up to Marshall Pass from town yesterday. It rained on me several
times and it was COLD. Definitely snow up really high, you could see
the fresh.

I got cold enough yesterday during a 5 hour ride that I was cured for
wanting to be in the really high country for a while. If this unsettled
weather clears and we get some of the Indian Summer we DESERVE I'll get
back up there. But I definitely shined on doing Crest-Agate today.

Looks like a repeat of yesterday is going on up there now at ~2 PM
Sunday. Hope those guys brought lots of clothing.

Old September 10th 06, 09:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I hope they are prepared. As a patrol group I guess they better be!

We did the Aberdeen loop and a bunch of Hartman's singletrack on the way
back. Good mileage, good times, and no snow. We got a ton of rain Friday
and it's all nice and firm out there. Hopefully the Monarch area will
dry out again - I haven't (successfully) hit any of that yet this summer.

Maybe another time...

Matt
Old September 10th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:
Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:

[...]

AAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SHIVER! SHIVER! SHIVER!

I will have a report later.

I got a great dermabrasion for free while up there too. A very cold one.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 11th 06, 05:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
MattB wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
MattB wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

MattB wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Crest/Agate this weekend (9/9 - 9/10)? One or both? I'll be up
there with the MBP.

Figure 8? One each day? Some friends of mine and I have been
thinking this over lately too. Maybe I'll get Mrs. B up there also.
Realistically I may only be available for one day (or less).
Is MBP your club?

Matt

Front Range Mountain Bike Patrol. This is one of our weekend
get-a-away fun rides.

Are you planning on riding both days? How big is the group?

Matt

A different trail each day. We are staying at some cabins in Poncha
Springs, but you can meet us. I think the group will be about 10-12
with varying abilities. You'll have no problem keeping a pace that
you like (there are a few atomic riders in the group). I'm almost
always in the middle and there there are a few bringing up the rear.

I may be looking to loop Agate one day, so maybe I can meet you guys at
the top or on the trail somewhere. I'll let you know as a plan emerges.

Matt

Sounds good. Email me if you need my cell #.

Ridey can I have your cell? I want to call you & chat with you.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

bike trade-ins (melbourne) ? dej Australia 10 May 3rd 06 01:32 AM
Hey Salida dudes MattB Mountain Biking 0 September 14th 05 09:46 PM
UK dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 July 21st 05 05:00 PM
dudes when is there gonna be a unicycle video game? saminsaneman Unicycling 46 September 1st 04 07:59 PM