Getting ready for my new project.

Old February 22nd 07, 03:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Default Getting ready for my new project.

On Feb 21, 1:59 pm,"Edward Dolan wrote:
He will have to post messages of substance or I will skewer him....

Always use internal cam (e.g. Campagnolo [1], Shimano) quick-release
(QR) skewers instead of the external cam QR skewers, as the internal
types offer much greater clamping force, are less affected by dirt,
and can not accidentally come open the way a external cam QR could if
it is closed with the radiussed washer in the wrong position.

[1] Without the divine inspiration of the Prophet Tullio Campagnolo
and his cold numbed fingers, we would still be attaching our bicycle
wheels with WING NUTS!

--
Tom Sherman - Clueless Newbie

Old February 22nd 07, 01:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Joel

Joel wrote:
Joel wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:17:45 -0500, Joel joelw135atcomcast.net
wrote:

I might have to do this myself as most of the machine shops I
contacted have a minimum rate, which makes it cost ineffective. The
bit will be self centering as there is already a hole, so if I mount
the bracket on a 2X4 and clamp it down and then take it slow. I
should be OK.

You can always check with a college or high school. The University of
Maryland evidently has a shop with a lot of equipment available - I've
had two different students do work, one a bike, one a custome piece of
furniture.

And one high school, after the shop guy said they had the tools and a
really good kid at what I needed to have done. Something added to a
4x8 trailer for the bike racks.

Total cost? All of it was actually free, other than materials. The
frame builder at Proteus thought the bike work was pretty well done
(only part of it I remember was a precision drilling through a curved
fork crown on a track bike, and some other stuff that is no longer in
the memory bank - think it was something to do with the rear cutouts).

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

I will check the local vocational school, but up to 9011 it was easy
getting into the shop to talk to the instructor, but now you can't get
passed the front gate.

As of today the mount has not shipped from ICE, but the new whip showed
up yesterday, and it is constructed real nice. The coupling in the
center is made of metal and the whip itself is a bright yellow/green
that is fluorescent. I will send an email to ICE to find out what the
holdup is.

According to John at ICE the mount should be delivered to them by lunch
today. He also informed me that he drilled out the mount for me to
6.6mm, which saves me th problem of doing it myself. I am looking
forward to getting this done.

Joel
Old February 22nd 07, 02:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent

"Joel" joelw135atcomcast.net wrote in message
. ..
Joel wrote:
wrote:

I might have to do this myself as most of the machine shops I
contacted have a minimum rate, which makes it cost ineffective. The
bit will be self centering as there is already a hole, so if I mount
the bracket on a 2X4 and clamp it down and then take it slow. I should
be OK.

According to John at ICE the mount should be delivered to them by lunch
today. He also informed me that he drilled out the mount for me to 6.6mm,
which saves me th problem of doing it myself. I am looking forward to
getting this done.

Joel

The guys at ICE do provide great customer service. I have been exchanging
emails with them about how to mount my aged panniers to the rack on my QNT.

Old February 22nd 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Joel

Joel wrote:
wrote:

I might have to do this myself as most of the machine shops I
contacted have a minimum rate, which makes it cost ineffective. The
bit will be self centering as there is already a hole, so if I mount
the bracket on a 2X4 and clamp it down and then take it slow. I should
be OK.

According to John at ICE the mount should be delivered to them by lunch
today. He also informed me that he drilled out the mount for me to 6.6mm,
which saves me th problem of doing it myself. I am looking forward to
getting this done.

Joel

The guys at ICE do provide great customer service. I have been exchanging
emails with them about how to mount my aged panniers to the rack on my QNT.

Yes they are great, and he sent me an email that the mount was shipped
this afternoon. I guess it will take about two weeks to get here.

Joel
Old February 23rd 07, 05:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 21, 1:59 pm,"Edward Dolan wrote:
He will have to post messages of substance or I will skewer him....

Always use internal cam (e.g. Campagnolo [1], Shimano) quick-release
(QR) skewers instead of the external cam QR skewers, as the internal
types offer much greater clamping force, are less affected by dirt,
and can not accidentally come open the way a external cam QR could if
it is closed with the radiussed washer in the wrong position.

[1] Without the divine inspiration of the Prophet Tullio Campagnolo
and his cold numbed fingers, we would still be attaching our bicycle
wheels with WING NUTS!

It must have taken you some minutes to compose the above irrelevancy. It is
wasted on me and I can't think of anyone else here who will indulge you like
I do. Nerdiness like yours belongs on the technical group, not here on ARBR.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka