SON dynamo - standlight not standing

Old February 19th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Zebee Johnstone

Default SON dynamo - standlight not standing

Someone here might have come across this....

I have a SON dynamo hub, a Lumotec Oval LED on the front and a
DToplight on the back.

Now the front light stays on at a stop no problem.

The rear light used to, but doesn't anymore. It was swapped no
questions asked by Greenspeed but the new one doesn't either and they
reported that the old one does on their test rig.

So obviously I have a problem somewhere! I've put a multimeter on the
wiring and I seem to be getting the same oomph at the front as at the
rear.

I'm using 2 wires to power the rear light rather than earthing through
the frame.

Is it likely to be something in the wire to the rear even though I'm
getting power? The light lights up fine, just doesn't stay lit even
after a long ride that has the front lit for ages.

Zebee

Old February 20th 07, 08:10 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Buck

On 2007-02-19 20:32:34 +0000, Zebee Johnstone said:

[...]

I think it works with a capacitor accross the bulb, check inside the
rear light and
see if one end of the capacitor has come away due to vibration.
--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

lumotec oval - standlight broken Paul Rudin UK 34 February 27th 07 12:06 AM
Lumotec standlight brightness issue David Nutter UK 10 October 14th 06 08:21 PM
Is Not Responding standing again? David Martin UK 1 May 5th 06 12:45 AM
Building a standlight lamp MSeries UK 6 September 23rd 05 02:50 PM
quads and standing dreaded General 11 August 10th 04 07:54 PM