the 2003 Cali-MUni week-end thread.

Old September 19th 03, 05:11 PM
muddycycle

Default Shirt color vs. heat [was the 2003 Cali-MUni week-end thread.]

Of course, sweat salts will show up better on the darker t-shirts.
Wear
your sweat salts proudly!

My Roach leg armor has wonderful sweat salts patterns, must be time to
wash them.

--
muddycycle - Nonchalance

"What can possiby mystify a madman?"
Hegira: Greg Bear
muddycycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1283

Old September 19th 03, 05:26 PM
johnfoss

ubersquish wrote:
*if you wear colors to encourage the evaporation of sweat, all you're
doing is making yourself sweat more *

I don't think your body's sweating speed is affected by how much it
already sweated (unless you get dehydrated) or by how fast or whether or
not it's evaporating.

But I know what you're saying, you don't need the sweat to evaporate any
faster than what's necessary to keep you feeling cool. Well believe me,
in places like Minnesota in the summertime, when the humidity is high,
anything to encourage evaporation is a good thing.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

Old September 19th 03, 05:33 PM
johnfoss

Default the 2003 Cali-MUni week-end thread.

jagur wrote:
*Olive Drab ! Who-Hoo.....anything but yellow, white or hot-pink . *

Not yellow; we did that last year (in honor of co-organizer Nathan
Hoover). White would be the easiest to print on, but is a bad color for
MUni and usually doesn't look as good as a colored shirt. Hot pink?
Hmmm...

Old September 19th 03, 05:34 PM
johnfoss

muddycycle wrote:
*
I love it! *

You can order one, even if you won't be at MUni Weekend. Order them in
the next week or two, and you can be assured we'll make enough of them.
We have to order by Oct. 7 at the absolute latest.

Old September 19th 03, 05:56 PM
Checkernuts

If you start with a wet shirt it makes everything alot cooler from the
start and you dont need to build up a good sweat before you get the
effects of a sweat soaked shirt.

I did this often when I was on Muni rides in northern CA this summer. It
deffenatlly works well. Or if you dont care about the sun/ abrasion
protection a shirt brings going without one feels nice as well.

Chex.

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

See interviews, product reviews, and places to ride, and for all the
latest in the Trials scene
www.momentumbicycletrials.com

Unicycles are welcome dont let the name scare you.
__________________
No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old September 19th 03, 08:30 PM
ubersquish

i know that it doesn't matter how much you've already sweated, but
wearing a black shirt does nothing but use up sweat. it doesn't cool you
off. and if you can't sweat fast enough, it''ll make you hotter

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

Old September 19th 03, 09:01 PM
onefiftyfour

these are cotton t-shirts, right? i won't be riding with it on, thus
not caring about the sweat efficiency. jeez, sometimes you guys go on
and on about stupid stuff ... but it's fun to read

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old September 20th 03, 06:31 PM
jagur

i was thinking of bringing my 20" freestyle uni too.i know this is a
Muni week-end but will anyone else be dorking around on a patch of
pavment with a freestyle uni?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gall...x_flipped.gif]

Old September 22nd 03, 08:37 PM
S_Wallis

jagur wrote:
*i was thinking of bringing my 20" freestyle uni too.i know this is a
Muni week-end but will anyone else be dorking around on a patch of
pavment with a freestyle uni? *

I don't own a 20". I will be dorking around on the trails on my 24"
muni, then collapsing. If you ride your 20" close to where I collapse I
will certainly watch you and try to learn something.

Scott

--
S_Wallis - MUni motivated

"I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old September 22nd 03, 08:46 PM
jagur

im only going to ride it on the pavement durring the games or
whatever.if im on the trail,i'll be on the 29er.if i see you callapsed
on the trail i'll say hello but most likely collapse myself just down
the trail.im out of shape for long rides.