Reynolds Ouzo Comp Carbon Fork with an Integrated headset?

Old October 26th 04, 10:22 AM
Wasatch5k

Default Reynolds Ouzo Comp Carbon Fork with an Integrated headset?

Reynolds Ouzo Comp Carbon Fork with an 1 1/8 Integrated headset--
Will any road fork work with the headset or do I have to buy a special
integrated fork.

Thanks in advance.
Old December 27th 04, 08:40 PM
ijnuhb

What you have is a 1 1/8 inch ITS (hidden) headset attached to your
fork. This means only a 1 1/8 inch 'integrated' fork can be used with
your headset. Headsets are in fact quite inexpensive, so I wouldn't
let them put you off your favourite fork- you can always get a new one
of the right type.

What brought me to this post is that I want to buy an Ouzo fork, and,
provided yours is in good condition and hasn't been cut too short for
my frame, I would like to make you an offer for yours. Maybe even with
the headset.

Email me.

Alan

--
ijnuhb

Old December 28th 04, 07:16 AM
ijnuhb

ijnuhb Wrote:
Headsets are in fact quite inexpensive, so I wouldn't let them put you
off your favourite fork- you can always get a new one of the right
type.
Alan

Scratch that- integrated headsets use the top part of the tube they sit
in and the shape of the tube is therefore incompatible with any other
kind and vice versa. It seems I couldn't use your Reynolds as a
result. What a shame. Good luck finding your new forks,

Alan

--
ijnuhb