ultimate frisbee on uni

Old May 17th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default ultimate frisbee on uni

anybody else hooked into this yet? we are riding 20" trials unis and
found it surprisingly easy to pick up the frisbee without dismounting.
as it was soo fun the 13 year old figures it will be an olympic sport
next decade:

1. 3 second rule for passing
2. pickups without dismounting
3. passing and catching while on uni
4. goals are vertically mounted basketball hoops

potential developments:

5. multiple frisbees
6. multiple goals on each side
7. 24" and 29" unis for midfield and downfield sprints (can anyone pick
up off one of these sizes?)

something like Harry Potter's Quiddich (sp?) but totally for real.

Atlanta area riders email me for a game (we have 4 riders so far and
need more...)

--
hitatree
hitatree's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12241

Old May 17th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

This sounds serweet! How bigs the pitch? an how long is a game?

leo

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!
leo_h's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11829

Old May 17th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Me, Matt and zippy played "unicycle frisbee" at the recent BUC. I
thought we were the first. Obviously not.

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Old May 17th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

We've played it before. We didn't have a rule on picking up the
frisbee, because we mostly ride 24" and it's quite difficult. Also, if
the frisbee's on the ground it's a turnover anyway.

Because not everyone we play with is a strong unicyclist, we made a
rule that you didn't have to idle to throw; you just needed to throw
from where you caught it or further back.

We played on a basketball court, anywhere past the end line was a goal.

--
tholub

Old May 17th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Soccer field. We're hammered in an hour, but plan to put on the
Camelbacks and go longer....

Old May 17th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've never played with other unicyclists but i did play on my uni and
the other people were on there feet.

--
xeaza

My Unicycle web site!
http://www.wrightsanson.com/taylor
xeaza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10500

Old May 18th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Just recently I played on my Uni but I don't have anyone in my
neighboorhood to ride with so everyone else was on foot

--
Ducttape

*\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
wheel?\"*
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

Old May 18th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I have to try this. It sounds super cool and possible to develop into a
real sport.

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old May 18th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That sounds awesome!

Just a few things;

A 10 second passing rule, like in regular ultimate
And scoring by catching the disc in an end zone.

These things would just be using the rules that already work well in
uni-less ultimate.

--
smcmorrow

\"I am not the messiah\"
-Monty Python
smcmorrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10881

Old May 18th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

One other rule would be that you can dismount, but you cannot catch the
disk or throw it unless you are on your uni. I think that you should be
allowed 1 to 3 revs before throwing. And, I think it should be called
Ultimate Uni.