Interbike 2018 Report

Old September 21st 18, 08:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Interbike 2018 Report

On 9/21/2018 11:46 AM, David Scheidt wrote:
sms wrote:
:On 9/21/2018 10:50 AM, AMuzi wrote:
: On 9/21/2018 11:39 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
: sms wrote:
:
: Geez, what browser are you using?
:
: Emacs-w3m 1.4.538
:
:
: TOR 5 and we don't click gurgle links with our network anyway.
:

:Google Docs links are probably among the safest links you could ever
:click, but here, I fixed the problem for you:
:https://tinyurl.com/2018Interbike-Report

how does using a rediret solve the "link to google" problem?

It doesn't.

But since there is no danger in opening a Google Docs document, we have
already established that we have to move beyond what is logical.

We are now attempting to assuage irrational fears. Perhaps a Tinyurl
link will achieve this. I don't know that for sure, but I was hopeful
until you had to go and explain about redirection.
Old September 21st 18, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/21/2018 3:12 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Emanuel Berg writes:

sms wrote:

Geez, what browser are you using?

Emacs-w3m 1.4.538

eww on emacs 26.1 didn't work either. Blah blah javascript blah blah.

I'll bet lynx doesn't work either.

I skimmed it. Don't bother.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 21st 18, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Emanuel Berg writes:

sms wrote:

Geez, what browser are you using?

Emacs-w3m 1.4.538

eww on emacs 26.1 didn't work either. Blah blah
javascript blah blah.

I'll bet lynx doesn't work either.

I skimmed it. Don't bother.

I got the Interbike reports early today before I read
overnight emails.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 21st 18, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

sms wrote:

I think that China subsidizes the attendance
of these companies at trade shows. In one
booth, of a reseller, he said that he sells
a lot of e-Bikes to people that lose their
driver’s licenses due to DUIs, and that he
had personally had four DUIs..

DUI = Driving under the influence [1]

No signs the 32-630 (27x1-1/4) tire is making
a comeback?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drivin..._the_influence

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old September 21st 18, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/21/2018 3:34 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
sms wrote:

I think that China subsidizes the attendance
of these companies at trade shows. In one
booth, of a reseller, he said that he sells
a lot of e-Bikes to people that lose their
driver’s licenses due to DUIs, and that he
had personally had four DUIs..

DUI = Driving under the influence [1]

No signs the 32-630 (27x1-1/4) tire is making
a comeback?

LOL. No, but a 27.5" tire is only a little bigger.
Old September 21st 18, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/21/2018 5:34 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
sms wrote:

I think that China subsidizes the attendance
of these companies at trade shows. In one
booth, of a reseller, he said that he sells
a lot of e-Bikes to people that lose their
driver’s licenses due to DUIs, and that he
had personally had four DUIs..

DUI = Driving under the influence [1]

No signs the 32-630 (27x1-1/4) tire is making
a comeback?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drivin..._the_influence

ask an expert:
https://www.channel3000.com/news/cri...-say/798089287

Or watch for her book "Taking Up Cycling At 28"

Old September 22nd 18, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

AMuzi wrote:

ask an expert:
https://www.channel3000.com/news/cri...-say/798089287

Or watch for her book "Taking Up Cycling At
28"

Maybe she is just constantly dead drunk?
Amazing: "was arrested for her sixth offense of
operating while intoxicated"

Old September 22nd 18, 12:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Old September 22nd 18, 12:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 9/21/18 8:12 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
sms wrote:

Geez, what browser are you using?

Emacs-w3m 1.4.538

I read about that browser in my history book.

Which one?

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the
face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be bikes: and there was bikes.
Old September 22nd 18, 01:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Tosspot wrote:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and
the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void;
and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of
the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be bikes: and there
was bikes.

A classic, but actually I never read it.

I went to Sunday school once, asking the guy
why God never answered, despite me initiating
several conversations. The guy said God may
well have been answering all of that, only in
some other person's thoughts. Because I still
remember it, it must have made an imprint; all
the same, that was my first and only class.

I don't think bikes would have made me any more
zealous because I rode bikes every day for at
least two decades without ever thinking about
them as bikes. Now I've thought more than
I ever bargained for, and I have realized there
isn't THAT much to think about. But sure, the
more one knows, the more interesting it is to
ride them as well.

Interbike 2011 Report SMS Techniques 2 September 18th 11 03:43 AM
Sheldon Brown's 2007 Interbike Report Sheldon Brown General 104 October 9th 07 03:09 AM
Sheldon Brown's 2007 Interbike Report Sheldon Brown Techniques 107 October 9th 07 03:09 AM
Sheldon Brown's Interbike Report and Podcasts Sheldon Brown General 11 October 5th 05 08:47 PM
Interbike trade show report online now! bikemecca.com Techniques 0 September 28th 05 05:31 AM