Good cross trainer shoes?

Old July 24th 05, 02:26 AM

Default Good cross trainer shoes?

I'm looking for a pair of cross trainer shoes/

Id mainly use them for biking. But would want to hike
and walk in them a bit as well

I was at REO today looking at some and the choices are
overwhelming

Advice?
Old July 24th 05, 02:17 PM

And like you
out shopping for something and not finding what I want.

Sorry abt the Adidas

Well... I will research some reviews online..... but
there is so much to chose form its hard to know what to
buy

I was looking at some Merrill cross shoes

Like I said..... these will be used mainly for
commuting by bicycle.... and walking around,etc
Old July 24th 05, 04:46 PM
Werehatrack

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:26:58 -0500, wrote:

I'm looking for a pair of cross trainer shoes/

Id mainly use them for biking. But would want to hike
and walk in them a bit as well

I was at REO today looking at some and the choices are
overwhelming

Advice?

My choices are primarily based on three criteria. Fit, fit, and fit.

That said, I avoid any shoe with buzzwordology used in its feature
list, I disqualify anything that's a "new innovation", and I
completely ignore the highest-priced shoes. I also avoid shoes that
have fancy molded sides on the soles (that's purely a fashion
feature), I won't buy shoes with soles or heels that are hollow, I
prefer to have less leather and more fabric (and less of that *&^%$#@
foam cushioning) in the uppers, and I prefer a shoe that has a
removable innersole that can be washed. That latter feature has been
hard to find at times.

None of those factors may be important to you, however. You'll have
to develop your own set of criteria. I buy shoes to wear, not to look
at.

(I have similar issues when I have to get new glasses. Recently, the
fashion trends have been to make glasses uselessly tiny. As I told
the people at the first three places I went, I'm not buying glasses to
*be seen in*, I'm buying glasses to *see with*, and little bitty
lenses do not work in that area. To their statements that "these are
what's popular", I said "Not with me, they aren't!" Oddly enough,
similar experiences were reported by over half of the people to whom
I've mentioned this...but when I asked them what they did, nearly all
said that they bought what was available instead of insisting on what
they wanted. Can you say self-defeating?)
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 24th 05, 08:17 PM
buck

I am assuming that you are not using clipless pedals. I would forget about
anything called a "cross training shoe". You are paying for the terminology
and not really the shoe. With that being said, I would suggest to you that
you consider some type of lightweight hiking shoe. You will get a little
stiffer shoe than a running shoe and this will help a lot when using it for
riding. If the shoe feels good for hiking it should work fine on your bike.

-Just my $0.02

Old July 26th 05, 01:10 AM

I am assuming that you are not using clipless pedals. I would forget about
anything called a "cross training shoe". You are paying for the terminology
and not really the shoe. With that being said, I would suggest to you that
you consider some type of lightweight hiking shoe.

yes I'm not using clipless

And your idea abt a hiking shoe is a good one

I will look into it