unicycle for chirst

Old May 6th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default unicycle for chirst

siafirede wrote:
At least leave hardcore out of this.

MOSH FOR JESUS

CHRISTXxXCORE

IM STRAIGHTEDGE FOR JESUS

NORMA JEAN!

--
DK

*i unicycle for satan!
*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old May 6th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

tholub wrote:
The mechanisms by which humans think and have emotion are fairly well
understood by science. Even computers can think and have emotions,
though not yet at the same level that humans can. There is no basis
for your assertion that "matter cannot think." (If you want to get
into philosophy, ask yourself; what is a thought? What is an
emotion?)

Computers do not think. They do not have emotions. They are just giant
calculators that can compute millions of calculations a second. Also
they were programmed by humans, who can think, but does that mean that
they can think?

--
drebble
drebble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9763

Old May 6th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

drebble wrote:
Computers do not think. They do not have emotions. They are just giant
calculators that can compute millions of calculations a second. Also
they were programmed by humans, who can think, but does that mean that
they can think?

You haven't defined your terms. What is a thought? What is an
emotion? Why can't computers have them?

--
tholub

Old May 6th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

DK wrote:
MOSH FOR JESUS

CHRISTXxXCORE

IM STRAIGHTEDGE FOR JESUS

NORMA JEAN!

hahaha that about sums up everything wrong in this world.

I actually saw a really really bad metalcore band growl a song that
went something like this:
"Your love is contagious (drawn out growl)
I love you ...JEEEESUSSSSS!"

horrible.

--
siafirede

'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057

Old May 6th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

skroboskim wrote:
nah im too HARDxxCORE Unicycle For Christ HARDxxCORE!!

You can't have hardcore and christianity in the same sentence!

Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

"I like hockey, none of those namby-pamby sports, we want brutality."
My little sister! (Who im now slightly scared of)
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Old May 6th 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Doesn't a uni look a lot like a satanic cross? Perhaps we all ride for
the devil, some of us just don't know it!

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...b244591153171]

Rock on!
Edd

Old May 6th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

red_rider wrote:
I personally like the logic that I would rather believe in God and be
wrong, than to not believe in God, and be wrong.

That's called
Pascal's
Wager (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager), and it's been shown to be a false dichotomy. It's not God
or no God. It's God, or buddah, or krishnu, or Allah, or this or that.
It's not christianity vs atheist, it's several hundred religions vs
each other. Which one are you going to put your money on?

Besides, if the only reason you believe in God is because you like the
odds, then you don't really believe.

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old May 6th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

tholub wrote:
You haven't defined your terms. What is a thought? What is an emotion?
Why can't computers have them?

Think:v.intr.
1.To exercise the power of reason, as by conceiving ideas, drawing
inferences, and using judgment.

2.To weigh or consider an idea: They are thinking about moving.

3.To believe; suppose: He thinks of himself as a wit. It's later than
you think.

Thinking is the abbility to reason and evaluate and have new ideas. A
computer is not able to come up with completely new ideas. It can make
judgements about things by what it has been told by humans, but not by
its own invention. It may be able to compile things better and make
better judgements than a human because it can take information from
many places and can find that information. If you have any reasons or
things they can do that implies they can think I'd like to hear them.

Emotion:n.
1.A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through
conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a
feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.

2.A state of mental agitation or disturbance: spoke unsteadily in a
voice that betrayed his emotion. See synonyms at feeling.

3.The part of the consciousness that involves feeling; sensibility:
“The very essence of literature is the war between emotion and
intellect” (Isaac Bashevis Singer).

Emotion is the feelings of love, hate, fear, excitement, anxiety,
sadness, happiness, etc... We cannot stop ourselves from feeling an
emotion, we can hide it and try to supress it but we cannot make it go
away. It is rather spontaneous although may be backed by reason. If
something sad happens, like your dog that you love dies, would you
while you were at work just let yourself go or would you try to hide
your pain from others to keep up your self-image and you may be able to
do this quite well. If you truely loved someone and they turned to
someone else you would still feel your love although it may be mixed
with other emotions even hate and these will be different from every
person. One can just reprogram a computer. And it does not have these
strong feelings that drive it to do certain things.

If you disagree with these definitions please tell me what you think
they are. And if you agree please tell me how matter, atoms and
molecules, can think.

Old May 6th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Eddbmxdude wrote:
You can't have hardcore and christianity in the same sentence!

Edd

jesus was the most hardcore person ever ... he died for other people's
sins i mean come on now if anything is hardcore it is christianity

-stephen-

--
skroboskim

* -stephen-* CCTX
JOIN THE CLUB!!!!

_*_Unicycle_for_Christ_
*_
skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

Old May 6th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

An open letter to anyone with over 10 posts in this thread:

You’ve heard of the “Song That Never Ends”?

Well…

This is the debate that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend
Some people started it, not knowing what it was
And they’ll continue debating it forever just because:
This is the debate that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend
Some people started it, not knowing what it was
And they’ll continue debating it forever just because:
This is the debate that never ends…

Please move this conversation to JC and/or let this thread die on RSU.

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404