RICHARD SACHS BOTTOM BRACKET SHELLS - NOW IN STOCK!

Old December 2nd 05, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Default RICHARD SACHS BOTTOM BRACKET SHELLS - NOW IN STOCK!

For Immediate Release:

Richie-issimo BB shells are now in stock
and can be ordered through the site page:
http://www.richardsachs.com/rsachstoys.html

Here are two more Yahoo pic pages that show the work...

The making of the sample:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbes...&.src=ph&store
=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/my_photos

More pics of the finished piece:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbes...&.src=ph&store
=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/my_photos

Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Operators are standing by - so "Go Wild"!!!

e-RICHIE©™®
Richard Sachs Cycles
No.9, North Main Street
Chester, CT 06412 USA

Old December 2nd 05, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

wrote:
For Immediate Release:

Richie-issimo BB shells are now in stock
and can be ordered through the site page:
http://www.richardsachs.com/rsachstoys.html

Here are two more Yahoo pic pages that show the work...

The making of the sample:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbes...&.src=ph&store
=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/my_photos

More pics of the finished piece:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbes...&.src=ph&store
=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/my_photos

Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Operators are standing by - so "Go Wild"!!!

Speaking of Operators, you seem to be one! Smooth that is. I must
commend you on your taking advantage of the times, opportunities and
marketplace. You really are spreading out and working your business.

I have a question for you. Do you enjoy the business/marketing end of
it as much as you enjoy the creative/dirty hands end?

Old December 2nd 05, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

until i "hear" otherwise, i'll take that as a compliment!

yeah - i do enjoy that end too. in these times, most framebuilders don't
have
the resources and contacts to get these parts made and brought to market.
there are fewer and fewer parts and there is a growing pool of framebuilders
still working and more still hanging out a new shingle. if i can offer a
quality
item that'll allow them to have another choice with which to fill that frame
order, i am happy with that. if i can make a small profit, that's cool too.
hey - i have a racing team to support!!

seriously though, i am a one-man business and i enjoy what i do. i hope
some of it is contagious. in this era, many framebuilders are going
toe-to-toe
with major manufacturers. helping a guy find a part or offering up some
advice on a technical issue is alot easier with the internet. i am all for
that.
e-RICHIE©T®

Old December 2nd 05, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Richard Sachs wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Exactly as intended. I wouldn't insult you - I might end up buying a
frame from you and you might "forget" to completely braze a lug!

[...]

I just had this conversation with my nephew. He's looking for a used
fixie frame and I pointed out that a small frame building operation's
product is preferable to a larger company's lower quality frame. A
one-man-band does this stuff for love, not to become rich. I have a
feeling you're going to "screw" up and make a lot of money, though.
Just a hunch.

Old December 2nd 05, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...

Richard Sachs wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

as you prolly know - i'm in this gig 33+ years already. not that it
matters, but i'm 52. why and how would anything fiscal change "now"
simply because i sell branded frame parts. what about the t shirts and
water bottles that i (and everybody else) has sold all these years?! it's
fun to find additional revenue sources, yeah! but i have to tell you,
"screwing up - making a lot of money...", is relative and not likely
to happen after 3 decades. again - i'm a one man shop.
and i'm going brazin' now!
e-RICHIE©T®

Old December 3rd 05, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Richard Sachs wrote:

as you prolly know - i'm in this gig 33+ years already. not that it
matters, but i'm 52. why and how would anything fiscal change "now"
simply because i sell branded frame parts. what about the t shirts and
water bottles that i (and everybody else) has sold all these years?! it's
fun to find additional revenue sources, yeah! but i have to tell you,
"screwing up - making a lot of money...", is relative and not likely
to happen after 3 decades. again - i'm a one man shop.
and i'm going brazin' now!

A-brazin' we will go...! Sounds fun.

You're leveraging your time by utilizing the internet to work while
you're sleeping. Things like that can easily cause you to "screw up"
into the next tax bracket. But obviously it ain't all about the money.

You don't have an apprentice or someone to who you're passing the
knowledge?

Old December 3rd 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

RicodJour wrote:
Richard Sachs wrote:

as you prolly know - i'm in this gig 33+ years already. not that it
matters, but i'm 52. why and how would anything fiscal change "now"
simply because i sell branded frame parts. what about the t shirts and
water bottles that i (and everybody else) has sold all these years?! it's
fun to find additional revenue sources, yeah! but i have to tell you,
"screwing up - making a lot of money...", is relative and not likely
to happen after 3 decades. again - i'm a one man shop.
and i'm going brazin' now!

A-brazin' we will go...! Sounds fun.

You're leveraging your time by utilizing the internet to work while
you're sleeping. Things like that can easily cause you to "screw up"
into the next tax bracket. But obviously it ain't all about the money.

You don't have an apprentice or someone to who you're passing the
knowledge?

nope. a loner, i guess.
it's easy to show. it's harder to teach.
plus - i race on the weekends, and training daily has always
been part of the routine here. i couldn't see having a helper
here and me saying, "see ya'. goin' bikin'..."
anyway - this all works for me.
as far as passing the, er, knowledge, i cull all my forum
posts and they live he
http://richardsachs.blogspot.com
i think there's quite a bit of useful information there that a
newbie builder could read and be better prepared for a
life in the trade.
two races this weekend - and the natz start next friday.
g'nite!
e-RICHIE©™®

Old December 3rd 05, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

On 12/2/05 6:35 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
Richard Sachs wrote:

[...]

Ok......

You guys gotta get a room......

Old December 3rd 05, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Me wrote:
On 12/2/05 6:35 PM, in article

Ok......

You guys gotta get a room.