Spring Morning Ride Gloat!

Old April 18th 04, 03:50 PM
Methuselah

Default Spring Morning Ride Gloat!

"Old Fool Buys Bike " Followup.

Still riding more and more, and I am getting more unbearable to my
non-biking friends- So there is no one else to gloat to but this
newsgroup!
Well, that hill that was giving me trouble I barely notice now, but I
did find a worse one...haha. I have the good fortune to live across
the street from a State Park that has about 26 miles of well-packed
gravel roads and dirt trails. From what I have seen riding on the
paved roads, I don't care if I ever leave the woods.
This morning I intended to take it easy with a short ride. (Ha!) I
have been bringing my Canon Powershot G5 again, so those of you who
are not on diallups are welcome to join me now, virtually.
Twenty miles later, I threw a web page together:
http://www.gearloose.com/ride418.html

This morning was paganly mystical after a long, cruel Winter.
Everything is coming to Life.
Including me.

In beauty I walk
With beauty before me I walk
With beauty behind me I walk
With beauty above me I walk
With beauty below & about me I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty

Old April 18th 04, 04:03 PM
Astro-Geek

Hi,

I have ridden thru Borderland Park. It is BEAUTIFUL!! But it is not
road-bike friendly. Thank you for sharing your photos. You have motivated
me to get out and ride today!!!

Steve in Bridgewater, MA

Old April 18th 04, 04:08 PM
Methuselah

I have ridden thru Borderland Park. It is BEAUTIFUL!! But it is not
road-bike friendly. Thank you for sharing your photos. You have motivated
me to get out and ride today!!!

Steve in Bridgewater, MA

Hey! I know you from the AASNE !
Small World!
Clear Skies.
Old April 18th 04, 05:43 PM
Astro-Geek

Hahaha,

I am the Astro-Cyclist, I guess!! You must live in Easton?? Let me
know if you would like to visit my backyard observatory some night this
summer - or go for a bike ride...

Astro-Geek

Old April 18th 04, 05:59 PM
David Reuteler

Astro-Geek wrote:
I am the Astro-Cyclist, I guess!! You must live in Easton?? Let me
know if you would like to visit my backyard observatory some night this
summer - or go for a bike ride...

actually there are several of us. not to mention jon isaacs who is on
sabbatical (from here that is, he's on sci.astro.amateur).

wish i had a backyard. think a bob yak can haul a 8" SCT up the side of a
mountain? that's the only use i have left for my car, currently.
--
david reuteler

Old April 18th 04, 09:48 PM
Neil Cherry

On 18 Apr 2004 16:59:08 GMT, David Reuteler wrote:

wish i had a backyard. think a bob yak can haul a 8" SCT up the side of a
mountain? that's the only use i have left for my car, currently.

Not knowing what an 8" SCT is; how much does it weigh. You can get
away with up to ~70 lbs with a BOB. But you must understand it handles
like a big truck and you won't be able to stand and pedal easily. Also
take it easy on the down hills or you may find that the BOB will try
to get in front of you. :-)

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
Old April 18th 04, 10:31 PM
Pat

I have a Canon PowerShot G2 but haven't figured out a good way to carry it
when I ride. What do you do? I am on the verge of getting an S410, I think,
just because it is smaller.

Pat in TX

Old April 18th 04, 11:06 PM
Methuselah

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:31:44 -0500, "Pat" wrote:

I have a Canon PowerShot G2 but haven't figured out a good way to carry it
when I ride. What do you do? I am on the verge of getting an S410, I think,
just because it is smaller.

I just use the strap with the G5, and tuck it under a jacket..but in
Summer this will not work. It is going to be a problem. We have a
few other Digital cameras that are smaller..I have a Nikon that will
fit in a pocket, and a Kodak that does also. I suppose going down to
3 MPx makes no difference since I have to shrink them so much for the
Web, anyway.
But I am so used to the G5, as you can see, I can shoot while riding,
with cropping and levelling "Insurance" with Paintshop.
The purpose of the web page(s) is to goad my wife to join me on her
Elite, and to prove to an inspirational individual at work that I
really am riding.

Old April 18th 04, 11:08 PM
Methuselah

I am the Astro-Cyclist, I guess!! You must live in Easton?? Let me
know if you would like to visit my backyard observatory some night this
summer - or go for a bike ride...

If I can bring my nerd niece, and leave my 10" f5 Newt at home! :-)
(I must have been drunk when I built that. Yeah, it's 1/8 wave, but
so what..It's like trucking around a water heater.)