Campagnolo wheels/cassette with Shimano drivetrain?

Old June 27th 05, 10:27 PM

Default Campagnolo wheels/cassette with Shimano drivetrain?

Hi,

I found a good deal on some used Campagnolo Proton wheels with 10 speed
Centaur sprokets, but my bike has 10 speed Ultegra. Will these work
together?

What if anything can I do to be able to use these 10 speed Campy wheels
and cassette with my 10 speed Ultegra drivetrain?

Thanks!

Joseph

Old June 28th 05, 02:59 AM
Wannagofast

Or a chain made for Campy 10sp, Campy, Wipperman, KMC, etc. as the Campy
cogs are wider than Shimano 10. In fact the Campy cogs are the same
thickness as 9 sp. For Campy it's just the spacing that's different from 9
speed.

"Paul Kopit" wrote in message
On 27 Jun 2005 14:27:22 -0700, wrote:

What if anything can I do to be able to use these 10 speed Campy wheels
and cassette with my 10 speed Ultegra drivetrain?

You've got an excellent chance of shifting the Campy cassette in the
Shimano system. I'd recommend a chain, other than the Shimano 10
chain. The best choice of chain might be a Shimano HG 9 sp chain.

Old June 28th 05, 05:10 AM
Kovie

I was in a similar situation some time ago and asked around on this ng about
how to make it work. Apparently there are several solutions, each with
tradeoffs. Do a google search and you'll come up with many postings about
this. Good luck.

Incidentally, I ended up going with a Campy drivetrain, so my solution
wouldn't work for you.

--
Kovie
zen

oups.com...

Campagnolo & Shimano dailuggs UK 17 February 17th 04 04:03 AM
FS Large list of parts and bikes Marketplace 0 October 28th 03 05:55 AM
5 pages of new parts for sale Marketplace 1 October 28th 03 01:30 AM
Shimano vs Campagnolo vs Truvativ Ian UK 14 August 12th 03 03:00 PM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM