Red means stop dickhead, part something

Old May 10th 07, 10:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

Default Red means stop dickhead, part something

I saw an example of why the notion that cyclists running red lights only
hurt themselves is utter ******** this evening. Now admittedly the
pedestrian who stepped out onto the crossing a couple of seconds after the
light turned red *without looking first* was being a trifle careless but he
still should have been able to do that. If the cyclist hadn't run said red
light he would have been fine. As it was he got slapped down pretty hard. I
don't think he was badly hurt, but he wasn't getting up in a hurry, he
definitely looked distressed and I bet he's going to be bloody sore.

Old May 10th 07, 10:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On May 10, 7:00 pm, "Resound" wrote:
I saw an example of why the notion that cyclists running red lights only
hurt themselves is utter ******** this evening. Now admittedly the
pedestrian who stepped out onto the crossing a couple of seconds after the
light turned red *without looking first* was being a trifle careless but he
still should have been able to do that. If the cyclist hadn't run said red
light he would have been fine. As it was he got slapped down pretty hard. I
don't think he was badly hurt, but he wasn't getting up in a hurry, he
definitely looked distressed and I bet he's going to be bloody sore.

Beaut result. Now if only all the dickheads riding in Brisbane in the
dark without lights could run into a pole to learn their lesson,
instead of potentially hitting me or some other person trying to do
the right thing ... I sympathise with student budgets, but ffs they
are already saving a lot by riding a dunger, you'd think they could
find $30 for a couple of blinkers.

Donga

Old May 10th 07, 10:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"Donga" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Sorry, I just realised how ambiguous that was. The cyclist went down but
seemed pretty much ok. It was the ped that really hit the ground.

Old May 10th 07, 12:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_3_]

Resound wrote:
"Donga" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Pity you couldn't report his licence plate to the cops for dangerous
riding

--
//Adam F