(Melbourne) Summer track sprint series

Old May 10th 07, 02:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Default (Melbourne) Summer track sprint series

Just a quick headsup, nothing is official yet (and I'm not asking for
help running it, or, for that matter, 'suggestions' for how to run
it!).

In conjunction with the Blackburn cycling club, aboc will be running a
'Summer Sprint Series' in some format, with graded (A to D, ideally)
match sprint races organised into a series. This is to fill a void
for track sprinters, there's a smorgasboard of enduro track races over
summer, but naf-all for pure sprinters unless you're at elite level.

These will *probably* run on Sunday afternoons at the Blackburn
Velodrome every fortnight or every 4 weeks (depending on how much the
club can assist me in running it). So if you're a track sprinter, or
wannabe, and you're not Jobie, Shane or Todd, there'll be regular
match sprint racing for you this coming summer. If you *are* Jobie,
Shane or Todd, we'll gladly have you, but you may be disappointed by
the prizemoney There won't be much/any depending on what sort of
sponsorship I can drum up. We'll (hopefully) run it as round robins so
everyone gets a chance to race as much as possible/sensible given the
constraints of time, weather, daylight and recovery between sprints.
Ie: it's designed to get riders plenty of races. As it'll be run at
the BBN velodrome under the control of the BBN cycling club, CA
licences will be required and regulation track bicycles and equipment
will be mandatory.

We may consider teaming up with another club (Brunswick? CCCC?) if
they're interested in participating, but I haven't spoken to anyone
else about it yet.

BNE: summer series Mick Australia 6 February 2nd 07 01:53 AM
Track Sprint Training Hamish Ferguson Racing 0 October 8th 05 11:16 AM
FA: Duegi Sprint Track Shoes Size 43 with Shimano cleats [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 29th 05 04:09 PM
Midweek track racing in melbourne? Paulus Australia 5 December 15th 04 12:12 AM
Remember the summer storms in Melbourne ... Richard Sherratt Australia 2 July 20th 04 12:31 AM