Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

Old October 13th 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On 13/10/2017 14:16, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:06:33 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 13/10/2017 11:43, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:03:51 GMT
(Christie) wrote:

[...]
That would be illegal in the UK anyway - an electrically assisted
pedal cycle has a top assisted speed of 15mph, above which the
motor should cut out. Bod says his motor is 500W - that's also not
permitted for use on a road or public place in the UK, the maximum
allowed is 250W. Otherwise the pedal cycle becomes a motorcycle and
requires individual vehicle approval, registration, vehicle excise
duty, liability insurance, motorcycle licence and a helmet.

My Ebike has a switch for road legal and off road speeds.

AIUI the legality of that has not been proved, and is unlikely to be.

The bike is manufactured in the UK.

It's the user who is responsible for ensuring that his use of the
vehicle complies with the appropriate regulations.

Fair enough, but that is one law I'm prepared to break because I find it
illogical. I use the bike mainly off road anyway.

--
Bod
Old October 13th 17, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:24:49 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 13/10/2017 14:16, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:06:33 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

AIUI the legality of that has not been proved, and is unlikely to
be.
The bike is manufactured in the UK.

It's the user who is responsible for ensuring that his use of the
vehicle complies with the appropriate regulations.

Fair enough, but that is one law I'm prepared to break because I find
it illogical. I use the bike mainly off road anyway.

If you don't ride like a hooligan, and don't get involved in any injury
accidents, then you're unlikely to have a problem, but you're still
taking a risk.

Old October 13th 17, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Bod wrote:

On 13/10/2017 14:16, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:06:33 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

AIUI the legality of that has not been proved, and is unlikely to
be.
The bike is manufactured in the UK.

It's the user who is responsible for ensuring that his use of the
vehicle complies with the appropriate regulations.

Fair enough, but that is one law I'm prepared to break because I find
it illogical. I use the bike mainly off road anyway.

If you don't ride like a hooligan, and don't get involved in any injury
accidents, then you're unlikely to have a problem, but you're still
taking a risk.

Indeed and understood, but the risk is minimal.

--
Bod
Old October 13th 17, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:08:55 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:43:22 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:03:51 GMT
(Christie) wrote:

Just the potential speed that you could more consistently maintain on
some electric bikes, I suppose - Bod has mentioned 30 mph. Although,
of course, just because you can that doesn't mean you have to do so.

That would be illegal in the UK anyway - an electrically assisted pedal
cycle has a top assisted speed of 15mph, above which the motor should
cut out.* Bod says his motor is 500W - that's also not permitted for
use on a road or public place in the UK, the maximum allowed is 250W.
Otherwise the pedal cycle becomes a motorcycle and requires individual
vehicle approval, registration, vehicle excise duty, liability
insurance, motorcycle licence and a helmet.

Don't be so petty and ridiculous.* A non-electric bicycle can easily
exceed 15 mph.* Having a motor makes no difference to the accident.

Yup, the 15.5mph limit does not stop you from doing 30mph, it just stops
electric assistance at 15.5, so the law is an ass regarding that law.

Don't tell me your bike prevents the motor above 15?* If I were you I'd
remove that feature.

I can switch off the road legal speed and I do exactly that.
It will do 25mph without pedalling at all if I just use the separate
throttle if I choose to.

--
Bod
Old October 13th 17, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:49:38 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:08:55 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:43:22 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:03:51 GMT
(Christie) wrote:

[...]

So it can do 25mph by itself on a flat surface?* How fast will it
continue to add power from the motor if going downhill a bit?* Can it
manage to get up a hill by itself?* If so how steep?* I'm going to have
to have a shot of that thing in February.

Don't forget your lycra and helmet ;-)

--
Bod
Old October 13th 17, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:41:44 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH sociopathic DRIVEL

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
Old October 13th 17, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:51:18 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

With the Tories cutting the pigs' money down (which is a good thing)
they'll be dealing with less and less petty crimes.

Let's hope they first start cutting your dole and welfare money down, you
workshy, unemployable, filthy ******!

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare who
Old October 13th 17, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:42:46 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

My Ebike has a switch for road legal and off road speeds.
The bike is manufactured in the UK.

I take it you just leave it on "off road" :-)

Actually, that's a very very stupid law. Basically they're saying it's
ok to go faster on an uneven surface and injure walkers, but people on
pavements are somehow more important?

More of the resident sociopath's sociopathic "logic"! tsk

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"life":
Old October 13th 17, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Beavis and Butthead, together AGAIN! LOL

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:37:54 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Don't forget your lycra and helmet ;-)

I don't wear a seatbelt driving at 100mph, I doubt I'd bother on a 30mph bicycle.

Just like from the Beavis and Butthead cartoon! LOL

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's from (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep thinking:
"Prisoners of war is a stupid idea. Just kill them. Why save the enemy?
Old October 13th 17, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:19:44 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

That would be illegal in the UK anyway - an electrically assisted pedal
cycle has a top assisted speed of 15mph, above which the motor should
cut out. Bod says his motor is 500W - that's also not permitted for
use on a road or public place in the UK, the maximum allowed is 250W.
Otherwise the pedal cycle becomes a motorcycle and requires individual
vehicle approval, registration, vehicle excise duty, liability
insurance, motorcycle licence and a helmet.

Don't be so petty and ridiculous. A non-electric bicycle can easily
exceed 15 mph. Having a motor makes no difference to the accident.

He referred to the law, sociopath!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's of (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"wisdom":