Memorial Ride on Sunday, November 7

Old October 15th 04, 02:54 AM
Frank Knox

Default Memorial Ride on Sunday, November 7

Dear Fellow Cyclist ,

East Carolina Velo will hold a Memorial Ride on Sunday, November 7 to honor
Larissa Molles, a club member who was killed by a careless driver while
riding on a rural road in Pitt County on Labor Day weekend.

In addition to honoring her memory with a memorial service, we will have a
ride that will, hopefully, illustrate the issue of cycling safety to the
local community. This is the first of a number of initiatives that EC Velo
will take to make the roads safer for all of us.

We would appreciate it if you would distribute this message to your club
members or other interested citizens.

For more information please go to our Website
(www.eastcarolinavelo.homestead.com) or contact Lu Livermon at:
.

We hope to make a statement to the community with this Memorial Service and
Ride, so the more riders present, the better.

For those interested in making a weekend of it, there is a great ride east
of Greenville at Lake Mattamuskeet on Saturday. Find that here.

You can find local lodging here.

Thanks very much for your help with this worthy cause. Please let me know
if I can be of any help to you.

Peter Hollis
President
ECVelo Cycling Club

| Cyclists fare best when they act and |
| are treated as drivers of vehicles. |
| -- John Forester |

http://www.johnforester.com/ |

__o
_-\,_
(*)/ (*)
Visit our East Carolina Velo Bicycling Club website regularly for frequent
updates
http://eastcarolinavelo.homestead.com/

lacking in leg strength and stamina exercises? Yuri Budilov General 18 March 23rd 04 02:42 PM
Sebastian Lukomski memorial ride & service Stuart UK 0 February 29th 04 02:49 AM
Critical Mass Harbour Bridge Ride - Friday 28 November dyno Australia 1 November 25th 03 08:24 PM
Sunday Ride Richard Adams Rides 0 November 14th 03 05:45 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM