Lance is terrified that Landis will crack and spill the beans on widespread doping

Old August 3rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Lance is terrified that Landis will crack and spill the beans on widespread doping

Floyd's carelessness has already stained pro cycling and reduced the
commerical value of endorsements for everyone, especially Lance
Armstrong. Floyd is a loose canon with neither the brains nor
discipline to keep a lid on the fact that doping is commonplace in
cycling.

Old August 4th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On 3 Aug 2006 13:49:01 -0700, wrote:

Floyd is a loose canon with neither the brains nor
discipline to keep a lid on the fact that doping is commonplace in
cycling.

They have nothing to worry about. Who could possibly believe that
doping is commonplace in cycling?
Old August 4th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
buckfush

I think there is a reason that Lance agreed to do Larry King Live with
Froid. He knows darn well that the small-town boy doesn't have thick,
big-city skin like him. I think it was to help keep him from cracking.
It's harder to crack if the guy you'd be ratting-out is right there
with you (even if via satellite).

sounds exactly like Bush and Cheney insisting that they appear together
before the 911 commission.

Old August 4th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Jack Hollis wrote:
On 3 Aug 2006 13:49:01 -0700, wrote:

Floyd is a loose canon with neither the brains nor
discipline to keep a lid on the fact that doping is commonplace in
cycling.

They have nothing to worry about. Who could possibly believe that
doping is commonplace in cycling?

Very well said, I was about to voice the same thing.

Old August 4th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Good point but I think if Landis came out it would start to sink into
publics consciousness. Larry king is a pretty aggressive interviewer so
i doubt if landis will withstand the questioning without Armstrongs
support.

Old August 4th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 3 Aug 2006 19:18:22 -0700, wrote:

Larry king is a pretty aggressive interviewer

LOL.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 4th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dave Clary

On 3 Aug 2006 20:45:22 -0700, "
wrote:

There's more. Sounds like Lemond has been doing some thinking. He even
says something that makes sense IRT his relationship with Lance
Armstrong at the end of the article.

When we get 100% perfect testing, this problem will be taken care of.

And when, pray tell, will that be? Cheaters are always ahead of those
trying to catch them and I sure don't see that changing.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://davidclary.com

Old August 4th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
JessicaG

When we get 100% perfect testing, this problem will be taken care of.

And when, pray tell, will that be? Cheaters are always ahead of those
trying to catch them and I sure don't see that changing.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://davidclary.com

I don't know, today's dopers have the upperhand but it may change
eventually.

According to this article "Cheating In The Tour de France"; :
http://www.byjamesraia.com/article.php?articleID=104, the first documented
instance of a cheater getting caught was in the 2nd TDF in 1904. He was
repeatedly caught trying to gain an advantage by drafting cars. I presume
other riders drafted cars as well but weren't seen doing it. Today it would
be very difficult for a rider to blatently draft a car without being
noticed. The car drafting rules are now fully enforced (except for *wink
wink* crashes or mechanical probs) and no rider has an advantage over
another, everybody's equal.

Who knows, in 100 years dope detection may advance as well to make doping
not worth the risk.

Old August 4th 06, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 3 Aug 2006 19:18:22 -0700, wrote:

Larry king is a pretty aggressive interviewer

LOL.

Dumbass -

Ditto.

thanks,