Ultegra 2005

Old August 20th 04, 10:37 PM
greg keller

Default Ultegra 2005

Is there anyone "in the know" who is aware of the new ultegra coming
out as 10 speed. I remember last year when DA was coming out a bunch
of people said, wait a year and ultegra would be coming out with a 10
spd version. Looking at building a race bike and would be interested
in ultegra if it was 10 spd, so i can swap wheels with my DA bike
without having to swap cassettes at the same time. Thanks in advance.
Old August 20th 04, 11:16 PM
RWM

"greg keller" wrote in message
om...
Is there anyone "in the know" who is aware of the new ultegra coming
out as 10 speed. I remember last year when DA was coming out a bunch
of people said, wait a year and ultegra would be coming out with a 10
spd version. Looking at building a race bike and would be interested
in ultegra if it was 10 spd, so i can swap wheels with my DA bike
without having to swap cassettes at the same time. Thanks in advance.

Yep. Good link at:

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/ar...AN/167/v/1/sp/

Old August 21st 04, 04:17 AM
Bruce Gilbert

"greg keller" wrote in message
om...
Is there anyone "in the know" who is aware of the new ultegra coming
out as 10 speed. I remember last year when DA was coming out a bunch
of people said, wait a year and ultegra would be coming out with a 10
spd version. Looking at building a race bike and would be interested
in ultegra if it was 10 spd, so i can swap wheels with my DA bike
without having to swap cassettes at the same time. Thanks in advance.

10 speed Ultegra should start becoming available sometime after Interbike in
October. I would look for the new year for it to be in mainstream supply
though.

Bruce

Old August 21st 04, 01:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

aggie- Looking at building a race bike and would be interested
in ultegra if it was 10 spd, so i can swap wheels with my DA bike
without having to swap cassettes at the same time. BRBR

Yes and about $1100 for the group. Look at Campagnolo Centaur(10s for 5 years
now), then use all your shimano wheels with a ultegra or DA 10s cogset. No more
toasted levers or obsolete equipment.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 21st 04, 09:38 PM
greg keller

Peter,
Thanks for the tip, i was trying to avoid having to buy any new wheels
with the new bike, i have a set of nice wheels i'd use for racing and
a set of training wheels to use for everyday riding. So i thought if
i had my race bike hooked up with ultegra 10spd stuff i could just
swap out wheels as i feel. The campy stuff really seems nice, my only
issue is that i've never felt very comfortable from an ergonomic
standpoint with the campy levers. I just didn't find the hoods
comfortable at all. I really like the new DA levers, and they just
fit my hands much better, so i think i'm gonna stick with shimano
stuff. thanks for the info, so i should be able to start getting 10
spd ultegra stuff in October? (Qui si parla

Old August 22nd 04, 02:57 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

aggie- I really like the new DA levers, and they just
fit my hands much better, BRBR

The only reason to use shimano, IMO. Don't expect ultegra 10s to be anywhere
but OEM in October. Individual stuff 'maybe' by January.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 27th 04, 08:34 PM
Pistof

"RWM" wrote in message

"greg keller" wrote in message
om...
Is there anyone "in the know" who is aware of the new ultegra coming
out as 10 speed. I remember last year when DA was coming out a bunch
of people said, wait a year and ultegra would be coming out with a 10
spd version. Looking at building a race bike and would be interested
in ultegra if it was 10 spd, so i can swap wheels with my DA bike
without having to swap cassettes at the same time. Thanks in advance.

Yep. Good link at:

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/ar...AN/167/v/1/sp/

Yes, that is pretty good. Odd, they mention that the freehub body is
aluminum, yet in the pic it shows what appears to be the plain old steel
Shimano one that we are all familiar with. I hope the 10s ultegra cassette
will work on 10s Dura-Ace hubs!!!

Dave