Curious product lineups, Litespeed division

Old May 8th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

Default Curious product lineups, Litespeed division

So a lucky friend just acquired a Litespeed Archon, which led me to
check out the current lineup.

This high-end Ti builder offers eight road frames.

http://litespeed.com/2008/home.aspx#

Eight?

Okay, I get the Good One, the Stupid-Light One, the Cyclocross One, The
Century Ride One, and the One for Girls.

Can anyone explain the other three frames? I gather one is, more or
less, The Cheap One, but a newsgroup No-Prize is offered to anyone who
can explain the Ardennes and the Siena.

Can anyone find a similar excess of frame designs from another maker?
Note that the same frame under two different names (as sometimes happens
to bikes with the same frame but different component specs) doesn't
count.

Old May 8th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
So a lucky friend just acquired a Litespeed Archon, which led me to
check out the current lineup.

This high-end Ti builder offers eight road frames.

http://litespeed.com/2008/home.aspx#

Eight?

Okay, I get the Good One, the Stupid-Light One, the Cyclocross One, The
Century Ride One, and the One for Girls.

Can anyone explain the other three frames? I gather one is, more or
less, The Cheap One, but a newsgroup No-Prize is offered to anyone who
can explain the Ardennes and the Siena.

Can anyone find a similar excess of frame designs from another maker?
Note that the same frame under two different names (as sometimes happens
to bikes with the same frame but different component specs) doesn't
count.

Coca Cola, Classic, No Sugar, No Caffeine, Vanilla, Cherry, Rum-n-Coke.
No market segment left unchurned
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old May 8th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On May 7, 8:37 pm, A Muzi wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I dislike Diet Coke, but like Coke Zero. I've been drinking Diet
Cherry Coke for a while, but I just noticed that IN ADDITION TO Diet
Cherry Coke, they now have Cherry Coke Zero. It does, in fact, taste
different from Diet Cherry Coke. It's fruitier.

But can anyone come out with a diet grape soda for me? Of course not.
Old May 8th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

"Hank" wrote in message

But can anyone come out with a diet grape soda for me? Of course not.

http://www.faygopops.com/servlet/Detail?no=1

You can mail order diet grape.

Old May 8th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On May 7, 10:44*pm, Hank wrote:
On May 7, 8:37 pm, A Muzi wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

Quit being so fruty!
Old May 8th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On May 7, 9:37*pm, A Muzi wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

Agree..look at Toyota with their what, 6 SUVs??

Don't forget coke and ta-quill-ya-yuck!!
Old May 8th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 8, 8:51 am, Colin Campbell wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
So a lucky friend just acquired a Litespeed Archon, which led me to
check out the current lineup.

This high-end Ti builder offers eight road frames.

http://litespeed.com/2008/home.aspx#

Eight?

Okay, I get the Good One, the Stupid-Light One, the Cyclocross One, The
Century Ride One, and the One for Girls.

Can anyone explain the other three frames? I gather one is, more or
less, The Cheap One, but a newsgroup No-Prize is offered to anyone who
can explain the Ardennes and the Siena.

Can anyone find a similar excess of frame designs from another maker?
Note that the same frame under two different names (as sometimes happens
to bikes with the same frame but different component specs) doesn't
count.

The lineup is full of sloping top tubes. I hate 'em!

Surely there is counseling in your locality for obsessive compulsives.
Form follows function.
Old May 8th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Everett

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

Form follows cost accounting. It's cheaper to manufacture frames in
Large, Medium, Small (see thread on moderately expensive Wal-Mart road
bike) and depend upon seat post lengths for bike fit than to
manufacture bikes in sizes from 48cm to 60cm (for example).

I was watching the Tour of Romandie over the weekend and it sort of
looked like many of the riders were on mountain bikes with drop bars.
I too hate sloping top tubes. :-|

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)
Old May 8th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

But style never goes out of style.
Horizontal top tubes only for me.

--
Michael Press
Old May 8th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 8, 1:32 pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

There's nothing stylish about horizontal top tubes, especially so if
they compromise the ability to dial in a comfy position with modern
threadless stems--it's just an affectation.

While I don't agree with riding too small of a frame--a little more
post showing than a traditional "fist full" gives comfortable stand
over, and getting the head tube elevated is nice for most of us. I
think that a semi-compact frame looks less static aesthetically if
that's the only meter that one measures by.

As far as sizing--most semi-compact road bike frames come in six sizes
from the big manufacturers.

TDF 2007 Assessment 2 (Versus Division) Crapton Racing 0 July 19th 07 08:11 AM
Bigfoot Classic uni division skilewis74 Unicycling 2 June 20th 07 09:33 PM
Division 1 dopers? Chachi Racing 8 October 1st 06 08:00 AM
FA: 96 Litespeed Obed w/ RockShox, King, Syncros Excellent 16" (No Reserve!) Titanium Frame refinished last year by Litespeed!! Alan257 Marketplace 0 September 13th 05 07:07 PM
'04 MTB Lineups Derek Australia 8 November 30th 03 11:10 PM