only a little dog

Old March 25th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default only a little dog

A) Dog is on long leash on traffic side of owner on a bicycle.

B) Owner is riding down wrong side of bike path, head-on into traffic.

C) Oncoming traffic shouts Hello! and owner swerves.

D) Owner asks, "Did you hurt him? He's only a little dog!"

E) Owner asks, "How'd that happen? Did he bite you?"

F) "You shouldn't have scared him by shouting."

G) "You were probably moving your foot--you should have stopped
pedaling."

H) "It's barely a scratch."

I) "Where else can I take my dog?"
http://i43.tinypic.com/34ezxp2.jpg

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 26th 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Carl Fogel wrote:

A) Dog is on long leash on traffic side of owner on a bicycle.

B) Owner is riding down wrong side of bike path, head-on into traffic.

C) Oncoming traffic shouts Hello! and owner swerves.

D) Owner asks, "Did you hurt him? He's only a little dog!"

E) Owner asks, "How'd that happen? Did he bite you?"

F) "You shouldn't have scared him by shouting."

G) "You were probably moving your foot--you should have stopped
pedaling."

H) "It's barely a scratch."

I) "Where else can I take my dog?"
*http://i43.tinypic.com/34ezxp2.jpg

So has the offending dog been put down yet?

Chalo
Old March 26th 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:11:41 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

Carl Fogel wrote:

A) Dog is on long leash on traffic side of owner on a bicycle.

B) Owner is riding down wrong side of bike path, head-on into traffic.

C) Oncoming traffic shouts Hello! and owner swerves.

D) Owner asks, "Did you hurt him? He's only a little dog!"

E) Owner asks, "How'd that happen? Did he bite you?"

F) "You shouldn't have scared him by shouting."

G) "You were probably moving your foot--you should have stopped
pedaling."

H) "It's barely a scratch."

I) "Where else can I take my dog?"
*http://i43.tinypic.com/34ezxp2.jpg

So has the offending dog been put down yet?

Chalo

Dear Chalo,

The dog escaped with at most a minor tooth-ache--it must hurt to hit
an ankle bone that hard.

Unfortunately, our effete modern legal system offers no provision for
putting the owner down.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 26th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
--D-y

On Mar 25, 8:27*pm, wrote:

*http://i43.tinypic.com/34ezxp2.jpg

(Chalo asked):
So has the offending dog been put down yet?

(CF responded):
Dear Chalo,

The dog escaped with at most a minor tooth-ache--it must hurt to hit
an ankle bone that hard.

Unfortunately, our effete modern legal system offers no provision for
putting the owner down.

Fortunately, we don't have an effete or modern legal system here in
Texas.

Let that thing fester a day or so, take some more good sharp closeups,
and find you a good (just an expression!) lawyer, Mr. Carl.

http://www.pueblo.us/cgi-bin/gt/
tpl_page.html,template=23&content=758&nav1=1&

(2).Sec. 11-4-12. Duty to report animal bites.
Any person having knowledge of an animal bite shall immediately report
the incident to the City-County Health Department, Shelter Operator,
Police Department or the Sheriff.

Hope you did your duty, sir! (esp. given the owner's attitude)
--D-y

Old March 26th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 25, 5:59*pm, wrote:
A) Dog is on long leash on traffic side of owner on a bicycle.

B) Owner is riding down wrong side of bike path, head-on into traffic.

C) Oncoming traffic shouts Hello! and owner swerves.

D) Owner asks, "Did you hurt him? He's only a little dog!"

E) Owner asks, "How'd that happen? Did he bite you?"

F) "You shouldn't have scared him by shouting."

G) "You were probably moving your foot--you should have stopped
pedaling."

H) "It's barely a scratch."

I) "Where else can I take my dog?"
*http://i43.tinypic.com/34ezxp2.jpg

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ankle+biters
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=ankle-biter
2, 3, and especially #4 seem to apply
Old March 26th 09, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:14:51 -0700 (PDT), --D-y
wrote:

On Mar 25, 8:27*pm, wrote:

[...]

Dear D,

Well, no, I didn't bother calling the F.B.I. when I reached the dam
ten minutes later.

I didn't think that the director would take a personal interest in a
manhunt for an unidentified bicyclist with a dog.

That six-mile stretch of bicycle path up the Arkansas to the Pueblo
dam is nearly inaccessible to police cars and is divided about every
two miles between the jurisdictions of the state park, the county
sheriff, and the city police.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 26th 09, 08:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_2_]

wrote:
A) Dog is on long leash on traffic side of owner on a bicycle.

B) Owner is riding down wrong side of bike path, head-on into traffic.

C) Oncoming traffic shouts Hello! and owner swerves.

D) Owner asks, "Did you hurt him? He's only a little dog!"

E) Owner asks, "How'd that happen? Did he bite you?"

F) "You shouldn't have scared him by shouting."

G) "You were probably moving your foot--you should have stopped
pedaling."

H) "It's barely a scratch."

I) "Where else can I take my dog?"
http://i43.tinypic.com/34ezxp2.jpg

Bloody thing, giving it a good kicking might put it off doing the same
thing again. Hmmm, same for the owner come to think of it.

I used to have a problem with a couple of sheep dogs that would lie in
wait behind a fence and bark at me as I went by. Now, this did get a
bit pavlovian, they'd do it all the time, you'd think I'd remember and
not jump 6ft up in the air and through 6 dimensions, but I didn't.
One day, offending dog stuck it's snarling barking snout to far
through the fence. They don't bark at me anymore, but the funny thing
is, they still bark at everyone else. Honest, I walked by a month or
two back to the now usual silence, to be startled a few seconds later
by barking. I turned around to see the bloke walking along 20ft
behind me coming down from orbit.
Old March 26th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
PatTX[_3_]

:: Dear D,
::
:: Well, no, I didn't bother calling the F.B.I. when I reached the dam
:: ten minutes later.
::
:: I didn't think that the director would take a personal interest in a
:: manhunt for an unidentified bicyclist with a dog.
::
:: That six-mile stretch of bicycle path up the Arkansas to the Pueblo
:: dam is nearly inaccessible to police cars and is divided about every
:: two miles between the jurisdictions of the state park, the county
:: sheriff, and the city police.
::
:: Cheers,
::
:: Carl Fogel

The problem with your lack of response is that in most areas, a dog is given
"one free bite." The next person that dog bites will suffer from your
flippant attitude. The least you should have done was describe the dog's
appearance for the record.

Pat in TX