Info on LWBs requested

Old January 31st 10, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Causer[_3_]

Default Info on LWBs requested

I realise that it's unconventional to discuss recumbent bikes here, but
I would like to get some measurements from a LWB owner.

Specifically: wheelbase, weight of rider + bike, height of rider's
navel above ground, horizontal distance of rider's navel from front
axle. Use any Earth-based measurement units you like, I can
convert.

No, I DO NOT want photos or other details of your navel, I'm using it
as a rough idea of your Centre of Gravity for some calculations on
braking characteristics of LWB 'bents.

For SWBs and upwrongs I've used my own as examples, but details of
a /real/ lowrider would be interesting.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old February 1st 10, 11:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
DougC

On 1/31/2010 4:13 PM, Mike Causer wrote:
I realise that it's unconventional to discuss recumbent bikes here, but
I would like to get some measurements from a LWB owner.

Specifically: wheelbase, weight of rider + bike, height of rider's
navel above ground, horizontal distance of rider's navel from front
axle. Use any Earth-based measurement units you like, I can
convert.

No, I DO NOT want photos or other details of your navel, I'm using it
as a rough idea of your Centre of Gravity for some calculations on
braking characteristics of LWB 'bents.

For SWBs and upwrongs I've used my own as examples, but details of
a /real/ lowrider would be interesting.

Mike

It's not around to measure at the moment, but I have a Cycle Genius
Falcon and the weight distribution is right around 66% rear. For a
shorter rider it would be slightly more forward, but not much, I doubt
any adult would end up with more than 40% on the front end.

~