Jockey Wheels

Old July 20th 10, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Jockey Wheels

Don't ever underestimate the effect of clean, lubed rear der idler
pulleys. Of course I knew this before - when the rusty ones I used to
have would squeak as soon as they got a little dry. Now that I have a
ceramic bearing (or whatever) top pulley, it doesn't squeak, per se,
so maybe I forget...

Even though I have been wiping sprockets and putting on a clean chain
every two weeks,something down there was giving me the grungy sense.
So this last weekend I soaked and cleaned (a lot of grit came out of
the top pulley seals) and totally serviced my rear der ider pulleys w/
marine grease and just a few drops of 3-in-1 oil.

Today the drivetrain is like butter.
Old July 20th 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

..

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/produ...ntId=7 034718

and 1000

I have Castrol Synthetic Marine Wheel Bearing Grease from Wal marine
Dept in Florida but its in Fla so i don't know the consumer number.

Based on nextensive use in rain and silica sand conditions, the Wal
Castrol marine should run over 700 miles before repacking j wheels/
pulley wheels.

The stuff is super slippery and uh tenacious.

it has a creamy light brown color, in tube
Old July 20th 10, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Read

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp...es_B112520.pdf

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196399

Jockey Wheels taz UK 0 May 7th 07 03:31 PM
Repalcing Jockey wheels Neil Smith UK 15 May 23rd 06 10:13 PM
When Jockey Wheels Explode Bill Henry General 2 October 15th 05 09:22 AM
Help - jockey wheels LSMike UK 8 July 18th 05 09:20 AM
How do Jockey Wheels work? Snoopy Techniques 39 May 13th 05 06:19 PM