Bah! Rock Shox Sux.

Old December 15th 03, 02:01 AM
Westie

Default Bah! Rock Shox Sux.

Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...
I had an awesome fun 40km ride in hilly firebreak tracks yesterday, and now
the lockout doesn't work and they're all squishy when unlocked. When locked
out they travel 1 1/2" before stopping with a 'clunk'. Now it's Xmas and
whats the bet I don't get the damned thing back until the middle of
January - if I'm lucky...
Merry F***ing Xmas to you, Rockshox.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Old December 15th 03, 02:12 AM
Slacker

Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...
I had an awesome fun 40km ride in hilly firebreak tracks yesterday, and

now
the lockout doesn't work and they're all squishy when unlocked. When

locked
out they travel 1 1/2" before stopping with a 'clunk'. Now it's Xmas and
whats the bet I don't get the damned thing back until the middle of
January - if I'm lucky...
Merry F***ing Xmas to you, Rockshox.
--
Westie

Ahhh, it's always nice to hear from another happy Rock Slop customer!
You're box of used condoms and Playgirl magazines is on it's way.

Long live the Bomberhood!!!
--
Slacker

Old December 15th 03, 04:47 AM
Chris

"Westie" wrote in message
Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...
I had an awesome fun 40km ride in hilly firebreak tracks yesterday, and

now
the lockout doesn't work and they're all squishy when unlocked. When

locked
out they travel 1 1/2" before stopping with a 'clunk'. Now it's Xmas and
whats the bet I don't get the damned thing back until the middle of
January - if I'm lucky...
Merry F***ing Xmas to you, Rockshox.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Wow, my man...you spend time in a-mb, and STILL bought a RSux? Happy
Holidays

It blew out on fire road (what's a firebreak?)? Isn't the Psylo like a 5
inch FR fork now?

Has anyone figured out what that "XxX" thing they're hiding is yet? Does
anyone care?

Chris
(must not pay attention, either...I love my Black)

Old December 15th 03, 05:30 AM
Westie

"Slacker" wrote in message
Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...

snip
Ahhh, it's always nice to hear from another happy Rock Slop customer!
You're box of used condoms and Playgirl magazines is on it's way.

Long live the Bomberhood!!!
--
Slacker

Cool. Playgirl. Joy.

lol

Old December 15th 03, 06:02 AM
Westie

"Chris" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Westie" wrote in message
Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...

snip tale of woe

Wow, my man...you spend time in a-mb, and STILL bought a RSux? Happy
Holidays

I almost copied Barry and swapped the Psylo out for a Z1. I'm really
kicking myself now even though it was going to cost extra to do that. I was
stretching the rationalisations and pushing my budget buying a whole new
bike at the time. Despite being a little hesistant, I thought I'd give the
Psylo's go and replace them if and when they fell apart. I wasn't betting
that they'd last less than 5 or 6 weeks.

It blew out on fire road (what's a firebreak?)?

Here's one he This is a wide, well used, smooth firebreak/access road
that's been heavily used by trail bikes but you get the idea. Most are
overgrown, narrow, deeply rutted and often very steep with pools of muddy
water at the bottom as they follow the steep contours. They're lotsa fun
and claim more than their fair share of collarbones.
You can barely see the 40-50 degree drop about 1/3rd of the way up the
photo.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...th-dropoff.jpg

Isn't the Psylo like a 5
inch FR fork now?

Yup. I'm no lightweight but you think that it'd do better than that since
I'm not actually freeriding.

Has anyone figured out what that "XxX" thing they're hiding is yet? Does
anyone care?

After this? I'm not too concerned about RockShox products right now ;-)

Old December 15th 03, 02:20 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Westie" wrote in message

"Slacker" wrote in message
Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...

snip
Ahhh, it's always nice to hear from another happy Rock Slop customer!
You're box of used condoms and Playgirl magazines is on it's way.

Long live the Bomberhood!!!
--
Slacker

Cool. Playgirl. Joy.

Heres a sneak peek from "readers husbands" if you can't wait:

http://j-harris.net/bike/shaun/tn_ladykiller.jpg

Smooth.

Old December 15th 03, 05:27 PM
R.White

"Chris" wrote in message link.net...
"Westie" wrote in message
[...]

Nothing wrong with Manitou. I'm sure many here cut their teeth on the
original Manitou's. They were with all their CNC parts. Purple
brake booster's were selling like hotcakes!
Old December 15th 03, 06:22 PM
JD

"Westie" wrote in message ...
Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...
I had an awesome fun 40km ride in hilly firebreak tracks yesterday, and now
the lockout doesn't work and they're all squishy when unlocked. When locked
out they travel 1 1/2" before stopping with a 'clunk'. Now it's Xmas and
whats the bet I don't get the damned thing back until the middle of
January - if I'm lucky...
Merry F***ing Xmas to you, Rockshox.

Do we need to explain why rock sux again?

JD
Old December 16th 03, 12:30 AM
Slacker

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Westie" wrote in message

"Slacker" wrote in message
Apparently I've blown the cartridge in my brand new 2004 Psylo SL...

snip
Ahhh, it's always nice to hear from another happy Rock Slop customer!
You're box of used condoms and Playgirl magazines is on it's way.

Long live the Bomberhood!!!
--
Slacker

Cool. Playgirl. Joy.

Heres a sneak peek from "readers husbands" if you can't wait:

http://j-harris.net/bike/shaun/tn_ladykiller.jpg

Smooth.

So, so Sauvé!
--