Good Friday, Herne Hill

Old March 17th 04, 12:30 PM
John Hearns

Default Good Friday, Herne Hill

I just got my 'Friends of Herne Hill Velodrome' newsletter.

The Good Friday meeting is not on this year - it clashes
with the World Championships.

HOWEVER there is an alternative event - the fun Friday.
Racing on road bikes as well as track bikes and open to
allcomers. First timers can have coached practice in the morning.
The flyer also says:
* streetriders one-mile sprint for roadbikes
* demonstration track racing
* women's sprints (now who do we know here with sharp elbows and a Bianchi?)
* recumbent bikes, tandems hand power and vintage bikes
* club team pursuit
* 40km invitation road riders event

Hope to goodness this has not changed anyone's plans to come.
I thought it worth flagging up, as there should be lots of interest in
this group.

Old March 17th 04, 07:55 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

HOWEVER there is an alternative event - the fun Friday.

It sounds, well... fun :-)

I have a feeling though, that this year Nathan and Vernon could well be doing a
local time trial which means Herne Hill is out this year. On the other hand, if
they aren't it could be fun to go to.

* women's sprints (now who do we know here with sharp elbows and a Bianchi?)

Hey! I got my speed thrill for the season out of my system today by sprinting
past Vernon up a hill. It's back to pootling for me :-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old March 17th 04, 11:36 PM
Stuart

Friends of Herne Hill Velodrome present
RACING FOR ALL
A Track Event and Bicycle Jumble Sale
Supported by the LBMA

* A day of come as you are racing including a STREETRIDERS SPRINT
for messengers only
* Various invitational racing events, (road-riders 40k, Women's
Sprint, Club Team Pursuits)
* Recumbents, tandems, hand-powered and vintage bikes

LBMA BICYCLE JUMBLE SALE
* Stall hire £12 in advance, £15 on the day (table space + vehicle
parking)
* Limited number table hire (no parking), £8 advance booking only
* Call Charlene 020 7277 7373 or email
for info
Volunteers needed, contact Charlene (as above)

£5 entrance fee for racers and spectators, stall holders and volunteers
get in free
10am-6pm (9am stall holders only) Friday April 9th at Herne Hill
Velodrome Burbage Rd SE24