Sears Spaceliner

Old August 26th 05, 03:14 AM
Mike

Default Sears Spaceliner

i have just purchased a vintage boys 26" sears spaceliner. it is red
with a white gas tank and chrome fenders. it was in bad rusty
condition when i got it b/c it had been sitting out for years. i have
already spent $72.00 on it and im about to spend more.. this bike is
really starting to look good.. i polised the fenders and the wheels and
every piece of chrome on it with chome polish with rust remover and all
of the rust came out.. it looks wonderful especially after i put brand
new white walls on it. it has a generator on it and someone tried to
hook the light on the gas tank up to it and it didnt work so im going
to put new lights on it for the generator.. the bike really looks
good.. now i have to replace one of the ball bearings in the rear axle
and then it will be complete... could someone tell me if all of the
work i put into this was really worth it? what is a sears spaceliner
worth that is in good shape?

Old August 26th 05, 03:44 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Mike" wrote: (clip)i polised the fenders and the wheels and every piece of
chrome on it with chome polish with rust remover and all of the rust came
out..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The fact that there was rust on top of the chrome means that there are a lot
of tiny pin holes in it. To retard re-rusting, I suggest that you rub in a
good coat of wax. This will make the chrome shed water, and will plug the
pin holes.
(clip) could someone tell me if all of the work i put into this was really
worth it (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't know about dollar value, but it sure sounds like it was worth it in
satisfaction.

Old August 26th 05, 05:41 AM
Mike

I don't know about dollar value, but it sure sounds like it was worth
it in
satisfaction.
^^^^^^^^^^^
yes i am very happy with it thanks for your message

The fact that there was rust on top of the chrome means that there are
a lot
of tiny pin holes in it. To retard re-rusting, I suggest that you rub
in a
good coat of wax. This will make the chrome shed water, and will plug
the
pin holes.
i will do that, thank you very much for your help

Old August 26th 05, 11:15 AM
Earl Bollinger

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I can't tell you if it has any value or not.
But if you are getting a lot of fun and enjoyment and are happy with it,
then yes you got a great deal.
Besides it does look pretty neat too.