A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old October 28th 20, 03:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 683
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 21:11:49 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2020 16:55, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 16:27:09 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2020 15:21, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 14:32:02 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2020 05:19, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 00:13:14 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 26/10/2020 19:22, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 16:47:32 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 26/10/2020 15:39, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 10:31:33 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 26/10/2020 10:13, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 09:51:15 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2020 23:24, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 19:07:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2020 16:54, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 15:09:32 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2020 14:52, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 14:41:15 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 23:31, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 23:17:14 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 22:18, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 22:06:49 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 21:28, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 20:19:23 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 19:27, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:53:58 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 18:14:35 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 5:28:51 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

https://road.cc/content/news/video-d...ad-pass-278091

Why were the motor vehicles not on the parallel M62?
There is a 'perfectly good' motorway provided 'at great expense to the tax payer'.
To be fair, the M62 is some 15 miles north of Woodhead Pass. Which doesn't excuse his idiotic and dangerous driving, of course.

15 miles with a maximum speed limit of 60mph means the average law abiding driver will be there in 10 mins.

Assuming they're not going to Tintwistle.

Any sign of the promised-for-decades Tintwistle Bypass?

It's called the M62.
Wrong (again, fancy that).

Motorvehiclists who wish to pass East/West over the Pennines to/from Manchester can use the M62 and therefor avoid Tintwistle.
it's not a terribly difficult concept to grasp.
Which bit of the fact that a bypass for Tintwistle has long been planned
and promised (but not yet built) is too difficult a concept for you to
grasp?

[That's rhetorical; it is well understood that all of it is too
difficult for you.]
What was the point in that pitfully-failed attempt at a wisecrack?
No Motor Vehicles except for access signs should be a cheap solution since motor vehicle operators always obey the law.

It is common practice to impose restriction on through traffic once a bypass has been provided.
Not as common as all that, and certainly not where the restiriction
means that traffic entering a town has to exit in the direction from
which it entered, even if its next destination dicates travel in th
opposite direction.

Not, of course, that the M62 can credibly be claimed as a bypass for
Tintwistle, with that town (and the Woodhead Pass) being fed from the
west by the M67 motorway which is linked to the Lancashire motorway and
trunk road network.

As a pure aside, have you ever approached Stockport by road from the
south-east of England? Have a little think about the optimum route.

Why would anyone want to go to Stockport?
You'll probably find it difficult to grasp this (sorry about that), but
it all boils down to a four-letter word of which you may have had little
experience: work.

When I was a worker, mine took me all over England (not so much in the
north, but never say never).

My local rag and bone man also drives a van, but as I understand it scrap metal prices have dropped.

That's exactly the right thing to do... when trying to write, write from
experience. And don't worry about it; no matter how lowly the work,
someone's got to do it, after all.

I look forward to your dissertation on ditch digging.
You'll wait an inordinately long time for such a thing since I have
absolutely no experience of it ot anything similar. But perhaps you
could do it?

I had forgotten you are from Liverpool. You just steal things rather than earn money to buy them.
Is this the sort of 'work' you used to do
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...raids-19133703
before you became a full time dole hoover?
Nice wriggle.

Don't despair, Harold (or is it Albert?). You never know, the market for
your stock of rags and bones may yet improve.

So you admit you are on the dole.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
I understand you are from Liverpool and have been dragged up to believe the world owes you a living but have you ever considered getting an actual job. Robbing students does not count.
Stop these (pathetic) attempts at over-compensation.

Take a renewed pride in your work. You scavengers and scrap-metal
"workers" will probably be able to make a living again soon, Harold.
Sorry... Albert.

And you should be gratified to be in an industry to which you are so
well-suited, even if the money isn't that great at present.

So you admit you are on the dole.
AIUI professional scroungers like you can lead a comfortable life.
You're just jealous.

But hey, enough about you. Have you thought of subscribing to
tottingandscrapdealingchavs.rec.uk?

It should be right up your... [cont'd p. 723]

Even rag and bone men pay tax, unlike professional scroungers from Liverpool.
Are you proud of your thieving heritage?
Too late.

Stick to your round in Oil Drum Lane, Shepherd's Bush.

How *is* Hercules, these days, Albert?

How do you manage to work in Grope**** Lane whilst maintaining 2m distance and wear a mask?
Is it a riddle?

I don't know... how DO you manage to work in Grope**** Lane whilst
maintaining 2m distance and wear a mask, Albert?

Have you checked out tottingandscrapdealingchavs.rec.uk yet?

How do you get two whales in a mini?
If anyone can do it, it'll be you, Albert.


Over the Severn bridge.

Does your totting round extend that far west, Albert?

That's be a long day. Very tiring for the horse.


I use a bicycle.

Ads
  #42  
Old October 28th 20, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 787
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 21:11:49 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2020 16:55, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 16:27:09 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2020 15:21, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 14:32:02 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2020 05:19, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 00:13:14 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 26/10/2020 19:22, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 16:47:32 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 26/10/2020 15:39, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 10:31:33 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 26/10/2020 10:13, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 09:51:15 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2020 23:24, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 19:07:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2020 16:54, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 15:09:32 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2020 14:52, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 14:41:15 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 23:31, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 23:17:14 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 22:18, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 22:06:49 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 21:28, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 20:19:23 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2020 19:27, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:53:58 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 18:14:35 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 5:28:51 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

https://road.cc/content/news/video-d...ad-pass-278091

Why were the motor vehicles not on the parallel M62?
There is a 'perfectly good' motorway provided 'at great expense to the tax payer'.
To be fair, the M62 is some 15 miles north of Woodhead Pass. Which doesn't excuse his idiotic and dangerous driving, of course.

15 miles with a maximum speed limit of 60mph means the average law abiding driver will be there in 10 mins.

Assuming they're not going to Tintwistle.

Any sign of the promised-for-decades Tintwistle Bypass?

It's called the M62.
Wrong (again, fancy that).

Motorvehiclists who wish to pass East/West over the Pennines to/from Manchester can use the M62 and therefor avoid Tintwistle.
it's not a terribly difficult concept to grasp.
Which bit of the fact that a bypass for Tintwistle has long been planned
and promised (but not yet built) is too difficult a concept for you to
grasp?

[That's rhetorical; it is well understood that all of it is too
difficult for you.]
What was the point in that pitfully-failed attempt at a wisecrack?
No Motor Vehicles except for access signs should be a cheap solution since motor vehicle operators always obey the law.

It is common practice to impose restriction on through traffic once a bypass has been provided.
Not as common as all that, and certainly not where the restiriction
means that traffic entering a town has to exit in the direction from
which it entered, even if its next destination dicates travel in th
opposite direction.

Not, of course, that the M62 can credibly be claimed as a bypass for
Tintwistle, with that town (and the Woodhead Pass) being fed from the
west by the M67 motorway which is linked to the Lancashire motorway and
trunk road network.

As a pure aside, have you ever approached Stockport by road from the
south-east of England? Have a little think about the optimum route.

Why would anyone want to go to Stockport?
You'll probably find it difficult to grasp this (sorry about that), but
it all boils down to a four-letter word of which you may have had little
experience: work.

When I was a worker, mine took me all over England (not so much in the
north, but never say never).

My local rag and bone man also drives a van, but as I understand it scrap metal prices have dropped.

That's exactly the right thing to do... when trying to write, write from
experience. And don't worry about it; no matter how lowly the work,
someone's got to do it, after all.

I look forward to your dissertation on ditch digging.
You'll wait an inordinately long time for such a thing since I have
absolutely no experience of it ot anything similar. But perhaps you
could do it?

I had forgotten you are from Liverpool. You just steal things rather than earn money to buy them.
Is this the sort of 'work' you used to do
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...raids-19133703
before you became a full time dole hoover?
Nice wriggle.

Don't despair, Harold (or is it Albert?). You never know, the market for
your stock of rags and bones may yet improve.

So you admit you are on the dole.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
I understand you are from Liverpool and have been dragged up to believe the world owes you a living but have you ever considered getting an actual job. Robbing students does not count.
Stop these (pathetic) attempts at over-compensation.

Take a renewed pride in your work. You scavengers and scrap-metal
"workers" will probably be able to make a living again soon, Harold.
Sorry... Albert.

And you should be gratified to be in an industry to which you are so
well-suited, even if the money isn't that great at present.

So you admit you are on the dole.
AIUI professional scroungers like you can lead a comfortable life.
You're just jealous.

But hey, enough about you. Have you thought of subscribing to
tottingandscrapdealingchavs.rec.uk?

It should be right up your... [cont'd p. 723]

Even rag and bone men pay tax, unlike professional scroungers from Liverpool.
Are you proud of your thieving heritage?
Too late.

Stick to your round in Oil Drum Lane, Shepherd's Bush.

How *is* Hercules, these days, Albert?

How do you manage to work in Grope**** Lane whilst maintaining 2m distance and wear a mask?
Is it a riddle?

I don't know... how DO you manage to work in Grope**** Lane whilst
maintaining 2m distance and wear a mask, Albert?

Have you checked out tottingandscrapdealingchavs.rec.uk yet?

How do you get two whales in a mini?
If anyone can do it, it'll be you, Albert.

Over the Severn bridge.

Does your totting round extend that far west, Albert?

That's be a long day. Very tiring for the horse.


I use a bicycle.


To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?

That is a mighty feat indeed.

Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?
  #43  
Old October 28th 20, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 683
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:

the horse.

I use a bicycle.

To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?

That is a mighty feat indeed.

Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?


https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/

  #44  
Old October 28th 20, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 787
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On 28/10/2020 17:52, Mike Collins wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:


the horse.

I use a bicycle.


To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?
That is a mighty feat indeed.
Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?


https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/


If you have a point, please feel free to try to make it.

I am not clicking on blind links.
  #45  
Old October 28th 20, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,244
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 5:52:51 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/


https://pedalpowered.wixsite.com/plumbing

https://bicyclerepairman.wixsite.com/website

  #46  
Old October 28th 20, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 683
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 21:09:30 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:52, Mike Collins wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:


the horse.

I use a bicycle.


To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?
That is a mighty feat indeed.
Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?


https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/

If you have a point, please feel free to try to make it.

I am not clicking on blind links.


I win.

  #47  
Old October 29th 20, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 787
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On 28/10/2020 21:34, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 21:09:30 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:52, Mike Collins wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:


the horse.

I use a bicycle.


To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?
That is a mighty feat indeed.
Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/

If you have a point, please feel free to try to make it.

I am not clicking on blind links.


I win.


....by not being able to make your "point", Albert?

In your dreams.

How's the horse?
  #48  
Old October 29th 20, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 683
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 10:54:18 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 21:34, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 21:09:30 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:52, Mike Collins wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:

the horse.

I use a bicycle.

To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?
That is a mighty feat indeed.
Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/
If you have a point, please feel free to try to make it.

I am not clicking on blind links.


I win.

...by not being able to make your "point", Albert?


No, by the fact you lost as usual.

  #49  
Old October 29th 20, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 787
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road on Woodhead Pass

On 29/10/2020 11:44, Mike Collins wrote:
On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 10:54:18 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 21:34, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 21:09:30 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:52, Mike Collins wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:

the horse.

I use a bicycle.

To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?
That is a mighty feat indeed.
Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/
If you have a point, please feel free to try to make it.

I am not clicking on blind links.

I win.

...by not being able to make your "point", Albert?


No, by the fact you lost as usual.


Off you go, Albert. Don't forget to stop when the lights are red. That
'orse doesn't deserve injury at your hands.

  #50  
Old October 29th 20, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 683
Default Video: Slow-moving idiot driver forces cyclist off the road onWoodhead Pass

On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 12:01:16 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 29/10/2020 11:44, Mike Collins wrote:
On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 10:54:18 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 21:34, Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 21:09:30 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 17:52, Mike Collins wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 11:28:37 UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2020 02:20, Mike Collins wrote:

the horse.

I use a bicycle.

To pull a cart full of scrap and old clothes all the way to the Severn
Bridge(s)?
That is a mighty feat indeed.
Well done, Albert. Does Harold not offer to give eyou ven a *little* help?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/421649583846899393/
If you have a point, please feel free to try to make it.

I am not clicking on blind links.

I win.
...by not being able to make your "point", Albert?


No, by the fact you lost as usual.

Off you go, Albert. Don't forget to stop when the lights are red. That
'orse doesn't deserve injury at your hands.


Please cite the law requiring horse riders to stop at traffic lights.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Near Miss of the Day 449: Cyclist gets very close pass from driver ofbus ... operated by company that has given its drivers close pass training Simon Mason[_6_] UK 6 August 6th 20 05:54 PM
How to pass a slow cyclist Alycidon UK 48 February 12th 16 03:39 PM
Cyclist forces driver to reverse out of his way Alycidon UK 144 January 11th 16 11:17 AM
Idiot bus driver hits idiot cyclist [email protected] UK 112 March 7th 12 10:14 AM
Idiot bus driver hits idiot cyclist Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 36 March 7th 12 07:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.