Happy Birthday Men

Old August 26th 04, 12:37 PM

Default Happy Birthday Men

Carlo Galetti (1892) Italy - He died on April 2, 1949.
===================
1st Giro 1910
1st Giro 1911
2nd Inaugural Giro 1909

Gaetano Belloni (1892) Italy - He died on January 9, 1980.
=====================
1st Giro 1920
2nd Giro 1919
2nd Giro 1921
1st Fogli Morti 1915
1st Fogli Morti 1918
1st Fogli Morti 1928
1st Primavera 1917
1st Primavera 1920
4th First Worlds 1927 behind Alfredo Binda, Costante Girardengo, Domenico Piemontesi.

Robert De Midelair (1938) Belgium
=========================
1st Het Volk 1962

================================
================================
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION
================================
================================

WOMEN
=====
Data on Women is difficult to acquire with any degree of consistency or
comparability. Ergo no palmares are usually included.

To rate a ``Buon Compleanno'' from Davey, Women must be in the top 100 UCI
ranked riders.

If Davey has some additional data to hand it may be included parenthetically.

MEN
===

The criteria for acknowledgement in the ``Happy Birthday'' list is a showing,
but not necessarily a win, in:

A Grand Tour
============
Italy
France
Spain

Other Races
===========
World Championship Road Race 1927
Olympic Road Race 1996

CLASSICS
========
========

The Five Old Men
================
La Pascale (Paris-Roubaix ) 1896
La Primavera (Milano-Sanremo) 1907
Ronde (Ronde van Vlaanderen) 1913
La Doyenne (Luik-Bastenaken-Luik) 1892
Foli Morti (Giro di Lombardi) 1905

Other Major Classics
====================
Paris-Tours 1896
Championship Of Zurich 1914
Amstel Gold Race 1966
San Sebastian Classic 1981
Hew Cyclassics 1996
Gent-Wevelgem 1934
Fleche Wallone 1936
Het Volk 1945

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://sixday.741.com/
Old August 27th 04, 08:40 AM
Kenny

================================
================================
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION
================================
================================

MEN
===

The criteria for acknowledgement in the ``Happy Birthday'' list is a showing,
but not necessarily a win, in:

Other Major Classics
====================

Hew Cyclassics 1996

Really?? Major Classic?
Old August 27th 04, 12:41 PM
Carl Sundquist

Well that was short, but sweet.

Carl
Appreciates ancedotes of cycling history

Old August 27th 04, 01:32 PM

"Carl Sundquist" writes:

Well that was short, but sweet.

Carl
Appreciates ancedotes of cycling history

From the amount of email I got, and the comments posted in here, it would seem
that it irritated most people.

Old August 27th 04, 01:44 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:32:22 GMT, wrote:
From the amount of email I got, and the comments posted in here, it would
seem that it irritated most people.

That's a shame.
Old August 27th 04, 03:57 PM
Donald Munro

Davey_Crockett wrote:
From the amount of email I got, and the comments posted in here, it would
seem that it irritated most people.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
That's a shame.

Agreed. It was interesting to come across the names of some of the
less obvious great and semi-great riders of past eras that I would
probably not otherwise have heard of.

Old August 27th 04, 04:56 PM
B. Lafferty

wrote in message
"Carl Sundquist" writes:

Well that was short, but sweet.

Carl
Appreciates ancedotes of cycling history

From the amount of email I got, and the comments posted in here, it would
seem
that it irritated most people.

--