Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

Old March 14th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steephill

Default Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:
http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symm...-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
long-term prospects.

Steve
www.steephill.tv

Old March 14th 08, 06:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 13, 9:16 pm, steephill wrote:
last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url:http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symm...-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
long-term prospects.

Stevewww.steephill.tv

I don't see how getting hosed and then getting an invite is a
coincidence.
If you did have something to do with it, it's definitely not a
coincidence.
Old March 14th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

steephill wrote:
last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:
http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symm...-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
long-term prospects.

Dumbass,

Last year the TofG had 5 Pro Tour teams. Jittery F Joes got
a start.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007.../?id=startlist

This year's TofC had 9 Pro Tour teams on the start line.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008.../?id=startlist

The TofG only has 4 Pro Tour teams showing up this year. They
aren't in the position to negotiate appearances from the teams
no one cares about like the TofC is.

Will Symmetrics be knocking heads with Rock Racing at Superweek?
Probably depends on whether going to Georgia wipes out their
budget.

Bob Schwartz
Old March 14th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Off The Back

steephill wrote:
last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:
http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symm...-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
long-term prospects.

Good news for sure, but it's not the first time they've ridden Georgia.

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Old March 14th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Off The Back

Bob Schwartz wrote:

Will Symmetrics be knocking heads with Rock Racing at Superweek?

Probably not, but they will knock heads with Tyler, Oscar Sevilla, and the
rest of Rock Racing at San Dimas and Redlands in a couple weeks.

Old March 14th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steephill

Good news for sure, but it's not the first time they've ridden Georgia.

Yes, they were there in '05, but not '06 or '07. With their
eligibility uncertainity in U.S. events, I assume they are relieved to
get into the Tour de Georgia especially from a financial/sponsorship
standpoint.

Steve
www.steephill.tv

Old March 14th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steephill

Last year the TofG had 5 Pro Tour teams.
This year's TofC had 9 Pro Tour teams on the start line.
The TofG only has 4 Pro Tour teams showing up this year.

Yes that's a fair point, but there are also two fewer teams at the TdG
then ToC.

Will Symmetrics be knocking heads with Rock Racing at Superweek?
Probably depends on whether going to Georgia wipes out their
budget.

It depends on the cash bonuses they get from sponsors for the TdG.

Steve
www.steephill.tv

Old March 15th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Mar 13, 9:16*pm, steephill wrote:
last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url:http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symm...-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

Dumbass -

You're an idiot.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 15th 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steephill

On Mar 14, 11:16*pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Mar 13, 9:16*pm, steephill wrote:

last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url:http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symm...-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

Dumbass -

You're an idiot.

Ah... you're just jealous.

Steve

Old March 15th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
You're an idiot.

steephill wrote: