Shimano Nexus internal hub assembly question . . .

Old July 26th 03, 11:26 PM

Default Shimano Nexus internal hub assembly question . . .

Never mind . . . found another pamphlet packed away in the shipping box . .
.. got it together and all is well . . .
Thanks anyway . . .
--Tock

wrote in message
y.com...
UPS delivered my shiny new bike yesterday, and I've got it all put

together
except for hooking up the shift cable to the hub. This is the first time
I've messed with these things, the owner's manual doesn't shed much light

on
the situation--it has a blurry postage stamp size picture--and sure could
use some advice . . .

The cable has a round thingy (a clamp fastened on to the cable with a

screw)
at the end, and I presume it fits into an indentation on a part of the

hub.
I dunno how, though; the round thingy doesn't quite reach the indentation,
and I don't know if I should unscrew the clamp and move it an inch so it
will reach, or if I shouldn't mess with it . . . Also, I can see a couple
different ways to route the last few inches of the cable around the hub,

but
I don't know which way is preferred and which way will interfere with the
hub's operations. It would help if I could get a good photo of this
thing's final assembly, but such things seem to be rarer than photos of
George Washington.
Would appreciate any tips from the experienced experts . . .
10,000 thanks,
--Tock