CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

Old July 17th 19, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 08:34:12 +1000, James
wrote:

On 16/7/19 3:25 pm, John B. wrote:

:-) Not necessarily so. The sitting by the roadside in the rain I
described was two "finish nails" through the tire. Punctured the first
time, pulled the nail out changed the tube and almost exactly 1
kilometer down the road punctured again, the same kind of nail. I had
used up the only spare tube I was carrying, the patches won't stick,
it is raining.

I was riding with a couple of mates on a wet day and one of them had
three punctures. After emptying his two CO2 canisters on the first two
punctures, he begged for my pump. The patch worked too.

I had some of those glue less, or whatever you call 'em, patches they
didn't stick well in the rain, or at least mine didn't :-(
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 17th 19, 10:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Evans

wrote:

On 16/7/19 3:25 pm, John B. wrote:

:-) Not necessarily so. The sitting by the roadside in the rain I
described was two "finish nails" through the tire. Punctured the first
time, pulled the nail out changed the tube and almost exactly 1
kilometer down the road punctured again, the same kind of nail. I had
used up the only spare tube I was carrying, the patches won't stick,
it is raining.

I was riding with a couple of mates on a wet day and one of them had
three punctures. After emptying his two CO2 canisters on the first two
punctures, he begged for my pump. The patch worked too.

I had some of those glue less, or whatever you call 'em, patches they
didn't stick well in the rain, or at least mine didn't :-(

In WW2 pilots were given a patch kit for the inflatable life raft they
carried, in case they had to ditch in the sea. These patches stuck even
when applied in/under the water.

I'm pretty sure I have patched tyres in the rain successfully. The
problem I remember is my cold fingers having trouble getting the tyre off.

Old July 17th 19, 10:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Evans

On 16/07/2019 00:01, Tom Kunich wrote:

While the electronics itself can get cheap, it won't. But the expensive part is the electo-magnetic actuators and since that is mechanical it won't get cheap.

Electric motors can be very cheap when mass produced.

Old July 17th 19, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 3:33:17 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:11:49 PM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:

My question would be - did you even read your so-called references?

yes

Hybrid Speciation is not evolution.

Yes, it is. Your opinion isn't what matters here, the facts do.

In those articles they even SAY that sympatric speciation is
still questioned by experts.

Some do, but only in the context of the mechanism, and those scientists don't question evolution. Besides, that was one article, not _those_ articles. What about the Goatsbeard? Or five new species of cichlid fishes which formed since they were isolated less than 4000 years ago from the parent stock in Lake Nagubago? Just two examples of the many cited.

Or are you an expert in the field of evolution?

Quite obviously much moreso than you. For example, one trope idiots like you like to keep trotting out is irreducible complexity, your favorite example being the bacterial flagellum. Of course, you love to ignore the fact that not only has the bacterial flagellum shown to be reducible into different functions, it has even evolved into a simpler form - natural reduced complexity.

You may chose not to believe evolution is real, but you can't back it up with facts. Cases of modern speciation as a result of evolution (random mutation and natural selection - called RMNS) are abundant. The references I cited prove that. Unless you can specifically point how how the analysis of data vis a vis chromosomal/allele differentiation in the individual case studies are incorrect, you really need to shut the **** up.

Old July 17th 19, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 7:23:19 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

All the money I made was from questioning even the simplest thing.

So I guess that really worked out for you when you wrote:

"I just changed investment counselors after speaking to a group tied to Merrill-Lynch. They were sort of shocked that I had lost money in the Trump market when everyone else made 15%+"

what a moron.....

Old July 17th 19, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 6:34:33 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 7:23:19 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

All the money I made was from questioning even the simplest thing.

So I guess that really worked out for you when you wrote:

"I just changed investment counselors after speaking to a group tied to Merrill-Lynch. They were sort of shocked that I had lost money in the Trump market when everyone else made 15%+"

what a moron.....

Well, maybe he questioned that simple thing "buy low, sell high." Someone has to question it, just to make sure it is still working.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 17th 19, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 2:54:22 AM UTC-7, Tom Evans wrote:
On 16/07/2019 00:01, Tom Kunich wrote:

While the electronics itself can get cheap, it won't. But the expensive part is the electo-magnetic actuators and since that is mechanical it won't get cheap.

Electric motors can be very cheap when mass produced.

They are not motors Tom. They are permanent magnet solenoids and in order to make them small they use super-magnets. Not only are these expensive but they have a limited life since they are also brittle as hell.
Old July 17th 19, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 6:28:35 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
[...]

Something that should scare you very much is that my Google showed a bunch of articles for evolution without asking for it. That means that Google is spying on you every time you use your phone or desktop.

But anyway, these Google articles made several very good points: 1. Thinking that evolution works is like thinking that a watch assembles itself. President Clinton said, "If you see a turtle on top of a fencepost you can be sure that it didn't get there under its own power." This is not a very strong an argument but certainly has to get you thinking. 2: If evolution worked the way that it is supposed to, speciation could be expected to occur in a linear manner and that is NOT what it has done. Particularly in the Cambrian Era where species of all sorts suddenly appeared. Also throughout the history of the Earth, rather than species evolving they suddenly appeared in large numbers of species. This does not look like evolution but rather mutation.

Old July 17th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 6:34:33 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 7:23:19 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

All the money I made was from questioning even the simplest thing.

So I guess that really worked out for you when you wrote:

"I just changed investment counselors after speaking to a group tied to Merrill-Lynch. They were sort of shocked that I had lost money in the Trump market when everyone else made 15%+"

what a moron.....

Tell us all you made in the market. Changing over already has shown them where I have had $50,000 in capital gains that has to be controlled.
Old July 17th 19, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 7:22:11 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 6:34:33 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 7:23:19 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

All the money I made was from questioning even the simplest thing.

So I guess that really worked out for you when you wrote:

"I just changed investment counselors after speaking to a group tied to Merrill-Lynch. They were sort of shocked that I had lost money in the Trump market when everyone else made 15%+"

what a moron.....

Well, maybe he questioned that simple thing "buy low, sell high." Someone has to question it, just to make sure it is still working.

-- Jay Beattie.

While in a used book store I bought a copy of "Warren Buffet Invests Like A Girl" and reading that said just that - buy low and sell high. How successful have you been guessing what is low and what is high?