Mr Angry of Dereham

Old May 13th 04, 03:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Mr Angry of Dereham

BAH - run in with Mr Angry of Dereham

This morning I went into Dereham on the bike - various things to do, as normal
on a Thursday morning.

One of the errands I wanted to run was to purchase a pair of clear-lensed
safety specs for Vernon to use, from a local safety equipment supplies place.
They are Bolle ones and perfectly okay for cycling use. I got Nathan & myself
some there last week (On that occasion I went by car, calling in on the way
back from doing the big supermarket shopping trip).

Context…

This place is away from the centre of town, edge of industrial estate - no
cycle parking provision. It's a quiet shop, not at all busy and with plenty of
room inside. Nice dry sunny morning. I pull up outside. I opened the door a
tad, with a view to popping my head in, checking the shop was quiet. If it
wasn't I'd have gone away & come back later. If it was quiet, I was intending
to ask if it was okay to bring my bike in as there was nowhere outside to lock
it, and I knew what I wanted to buy - hence would only be a couple of minutes.
As I opened the door, I spotted by one of the guys who works there and he
immediately came to the door and held it open for me, which was rather good of
him. I said that as there was nowhere to lock my bike, could I come in with it
please? No problem - the door was held open for me and I wheeled my bike in. I
said thanks to him for holding the door for me.

Next thing - old guy who works at the place emerges from rear of premises with
a face like thunder, gesticulating wildly and shouting at me to get that bloody
bike out of his shop and he's "Not having that thing in here!" I politely told
him that I knew exactly what I needed, would only be a couple of minutes and
there was nowhere to lock my bike outside. Cue yet more rantings from
purple-faced elderly person about getting bloody cyclists out and not having
bikes in his shop. At this point, I pointed out to him that if he could afford
to turn away business, so be it, but I would not be buying anything from his
business and certainly would not be recommending his business to anyone. This
set off more purple-faced rantings from said elderly person, and as I backed my
bike out of the shop, the nice chap who worked there, who'd actually held the
door open for me to bring my bike in to the shop, apologised profusely, saying
he was really sorry for what had happened. I said to him that I knew it wasn't
his fault, and thanked him. In the background were continued rantings from the
cyclephobic man with a very purple face, and as a result, I was a tad tee'd off
by this now. So as I left, I reminded him that my bike was clean, dry, and his
shop was empty of people. Due to his attitude, I would not be recommending his
business to anyone and as far as I was concerned he could rapidly go forth and
multiply in a less than polite way. I was now at the point where I well cheesed
off with his abusive rantings and gave a bit of my own back.

So, if you are looking for any sort of safety equipment, for cycling or any
other activity, work or pleasure, I really don't advise going to Cenor
Industrial Supplies or Moorgate Road, Dereham, Norfolk NR19 1NT, tel: 01362
695004 Whilst the organisation has one very polite person, this is not enough
to make up for the flood of verbal abuse from Mr Purple-face, just because I
happen to bring a bicycle into his shop with permission from a person who works
there and when there are no other customers in the shop.

Cheers, Helen s

**$om $

Old May 13th 04, 03:56 PM
Simon Mason

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
BAH - run in with Mr Angry of Dereham

This morning I went into Dereham on the bike - various things to do, as

normal
on a Thursday morning.

One of the errands I wanted to run was to purchase a pair of clear-lensed
safety specs for Vernon to use, from a local safety equipment supplies

place.
They are Bolle ones and perfectly okay for cycling use.

If you need any more - let me know. I get them free at our works stores,
yellow, dark or clear Uvex Skyper.
--

Simon M.

Old May 13th 04, 03:59 PM
Mark Tranchant

So, if you are looking for any sort of safety equipment, for cycling or any
other activity, work or pleasure, I really don't advise going to Cenor
Industrial Supplies or Moorgate Road, Dereham, Norfolk NR19 1NT, tel: 01362
695004

You mean the one with the email address ?

Just checking.

--
Mark.
Old May 13th 04, 04:00 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

If you need any more - let me know. I get them free at our works stores,
yellow, dark or clear Uvex Skyper.

That's very kind of you Simon. If a clear pair is available, they'll be greatly
appreciated. But only send them if it of absolutely no hassle to you at work.

Cheers, helen s
p.s. Do you need me to email the postal addy, or do you still have it?

**$om $

Old May 13th 04, 04:08 PM
Simon Mason

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message
As I opened the door, I spotted by one of the guys who works there and he
immediately came to the door and held it open for me, which was rather

good of
him. I said that as there was nowhere to lock my bike, could I come in

with it
please? No problem - the door was held open for me and I wheeled my bike

in. I
said thanks to him for holding the door for me.

The other day I went to WH Smith's in town and had forgotten my lock
altogether. Even though there were dozens of Sheffield stands outside, the
people behind the till let me wheel my bike in and stand it next to the door
while I looked for my magazines.

Maybe your Mr Angry is so rich, he doesn't need any customers, or only sucks
up to people in posh clothes and expensive cars. Cos' there's plenty of that
goes on you know ;-) Everyone knows cyclists have no money and are not worth
cultivating!

On a similar note, our lass works in a Morrison's supermarket cafe and gets
old biddies moaning about the casings of their sausages being open before
they've mashed it into a pulp anyway and she has to smile and do whatever
the customer wants as they know what will happen if they antagonise the
punters.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old May 13th 04, 04:09 PM
Malc

It might be nice if any passing cyclists with a friendly nature were
to occasionally pop in (with their bikes) just to say a cheery hello
to Mr. Angry....someone as deeply poorly as this deserves every
sympathy.

Or if you're a long way away, perhaps a "get-well soon" card addressed
to Mr. Angry below:

Old May 13th 04, 04:13 PM
Simon Mason

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
If you need any more - let me know. I get them free at our works stores,
yellow, dark or clear Uvex Skyper.

That's very kind of you Simon. If a clear pair is available, they'll be

greatly
appreciated. But only send them if it of absolutely no hassle to you at

work.

Cheers, helen s
p.s. Do you need me to email the postal addy, or do you still have it?

I'm on nights tomorrow, so I can get them then. They like us taking the
concepts of safety out in to the wider world anyway and they've got enough
cash with the oil price being sky high! I've still got the address.

--
Simon M.