ONE Honest Mountain Biker (Out of How Many Millions???)

Old August 8th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default ONE Honest Mountain Biker (Out of How Many Millions???)

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:15:46 -0400, "Fole Haafstra"
reply.to.group.not.me wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 22:35:36 -0400, "Fole Haafstra"
reply.to.group.not.me wrote:

Mike,

Sorry, you lost.

There's more plastic, paper, fishing line, human fecal matter and every
other conceivable tidbit of "modern" in the "wilderness" than ever

before.
In the 70's, we didn't tote nonsense and what we did carry we needed so

we
didn't leave it behind. After more than 30 years, every child should be
thinking about preservation but it's just the opposite. Get what you can

as
fast as you can and screw anyone in your way is the religion of our

times;
our children have mastred the art form. Soon, the Republicans will sell

all
our NATIONAL assets to corporate whores who have no honor and certainly

no
love of the common good. They do, however, LOVE cheap Chinese slave labor
harnessed to their stockholders portfolios!

The damage from mountain bikes will look like a daylong zit compared to

the
coming rape and pillage that will ensue when oil supplies decline and

crude
prices skyrocket. Five dollar gas will take all our coastlines, and at

six
bucks Alaska will become the holy land of pumps and pipelines.

In ten years or less, the oil crisis will strike in all its fury and we

are
not prepared nor do we intend to be. China will control huge reserves and
we'll be sitting on our dumb asses looking for someone to blame!

Your plan...

"I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)"

sure worked out, didn't it?

So instead of helping protect the environment, you choose to join the
assault and put your own selfish pleasures first. And you have the
gall to brag about it? Was there a point in all that specious
rationalization?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

You are a total idiot.
I never said I condone, much less practice, any of that nonsense.

Are you saying you're not a mountain biker?

I'm
telling you what will happen because so many people don't give a damn about
anyone but themselves.
Your inability to read my simple post is indicative of EXACTLY what's wrong.
You have an agenda and it matters not what others think, say or do for the
environment. Why listen to the other guy when you've already made up your
mind.
What exactly did you do to battle auto dependence and road construction?

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 8th 06, 04:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

Default ONE Honest "Environmentalist" (Out of How Many Millions???)

Too bad you're not it.