Road bike recommendation

Old August 1st 04, 03:14 AM
mfhor

Default Road bike recommendation

Steve Wrote:
GIANT's new 2005 OCR Zero is just around the corner, Allux frame ,
carbon
rear stays & fork. Ultegra gears, Shimano 550 wheelset, Truvativ
Rouleur
cranks,SPD-SL pedals, Michelin Axial Pro tyres,Easton bars & stem .
Bright
Red & Carbon. Nice package & well inside budget at 2199$,
................same frameset in white with 105 can be had for $1849 in
the
OCR1.
Image here :
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eideal/05OCRZ.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eideal/05OCR1.jpg

Steve@ IDEAL

[/color]

Built a 2005 OCR 1 @ work yesterday, the frame is really well spec'd,
with the annoying (Giant) exception of no frame-tube mounted derailleur
cable adjusters. Seat post clamp really well detailed, forks and
*monobloc* carbon rear end! They've cheaped out a bit on the spec. No
name brake calipers. Sora level hubs in the R500 wheelset. But nice EA
50 bars, stem Truvativ Elita cranks, and a carbon seatpost.

I dont think the OCR 0 is in the country yet, it will dribble in in the
next few weeks. Good deal on paper, tho.

M " what year are we in again - 04, 05 . . .?"H

--
mfhor

Old August 3rd 04, 12:17 PM
DRS

"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

is OCR-1 and OCR-0 a double or triple chain ring? Or is it a no-cost
option perhaps?

Why don't you look it up? http://www.cannondale.com/

And please stop top-posting.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 3rd 04, 10:59 PM
Mike

The question related to Giants, not Cannondales, and the specs on the 2005
models aren't yet on the Giant web site. I'll be interested to know the
answer too, as I am considering the OCR-1 and OCR-0.

"DRS" wrote in message
"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

is OCR-1 and OCR-0 a double or triple chain ring? Or is it a no-cost
option perhaps?

Why don't you look it up? http://www.cannondale.com/

And please stop top-posting.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 3rd 04, 11:58 PM
Shane Stanley

In article , "Mike"
wrote:

The question related to Giants, not Cannondales, and the specs on the 2005
models aren't yet on the Giant web site. I'll be interested to know the
answer too, as I am considering the OCR-1 and OCR-0.

I'd be surprised if they are triples; Giant moved away from them here
with the 2003 model, although I think they still use them in the US and
elsewhere.

--
Shane Stanley
Old August 4th 04, 12:02 AM
Bow

top and bottom posted for everyones convenience
OT:
Does top posting really bother you that much? I find it slightly easier
than searching through the email trying to find the comment - unless you are
answering multiple questions, of course.
"DRS" wrote in message
"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

is OCR-1 and OCR-0 a double or triple chain ring? Or is it a no-cost
option perhaps?

Why don't you look it up? http://www.cannondale.com/

And please stop top-posting.

--

OT:
Does top posting really bother you that much? I find it slightly easier
than searching through the email trying to find the comment

A: Top-posters.

Old August 4th 04, 12:06 AM
mfhor

"DRS" wrote in message
"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

is OCR-1 and OCR-0 a double or triple chain ring? Or is it a

no-cost
option perhaps?

Why don't you look it up? http://www.cannondale.com/

And please stop top-posting.

--

A: Top-posters.

OCR 0 is tending towards race territory, and I was musing about the
difference between OCR and TCR as I was putting it together. Definitely
double chainring - I counted them. Perhaps there will be a triple later,
but common wisdom is that it is an easy swap - shifter, crank, bb,
derailleur, rear derailleur, longer chain . . . hang on, it looks easy,
but when the odd (?!) customer asks about the upgrade, I usually point
them towards a 28T rear cog instead.

Teeheehee - DRS can't tell the difference between Cannondale and Giant
- teeheehee. Does he give all our posts the same cursory glance before
pulling us up on our nettiquette breaches?

M"dang-nabbit all they ornery consarnit acrynims"H

--
mfhor

Old August 4th 04, 11:29 AM
DRS

"Mike" wrote in message

"DRS" wrote in message
"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

is OCR-1 and OCR-0 a double or triple chain ring? Or is it a no-cost
option perhaps?

Why don't you look it up? http://www.cannondale.com/

The question related to Giants, not Cannondales,

My bad. But please don't top-post.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 4th 04, 11:32 AM
DRS

"Bow" wrote in message

"DRS" wrote in message
"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

is OCR-1 and OCR-0 a double or triple chain ring? Or is it a no-cost
option perhaps?

Why don't you look it up? http://www.cannondale.com/

And please stop top-posting.

OT:
Does top posting really bother you that much? I find it slightly
easier than searching through the email trying to find the comment

This is not email, this is Usenet and it is always wrong to put the answer
before the question. That is why Usenet etiquette says to not do it.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 5th 04, 01:41 AM
Bow

DRS Wrote:
snip This is not email, this is Usenet and it is always wrong to put the
answer
before the question. That is why Usenet etiquette says to not do it.

snip

There is not much difference between NNTP and SMTP, and like I said before,
unless you are answering a list of questions, it makes little difference.

The question always precedes the answer since the thread is contained in a
heirachical (tree) structure, so you can never be wrong unless someone is
reading the thread backwards.

But I don't want to start a war here, so I'll bottom post to make you happy.
:-)

Bow

recommendation on a road bike for triathlon and century rides CatcherInTheRye Techniques 8 June 29th 04 08:00 PM
Last Chance Road [email protected] Rides 1 April 29th 04 02:38 AM
MTB on road - just curious Saint UK 88 April 25th 04 02:35 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM