Drink drivers

Old August 5th 04, 12:48 PM
HUMBUG

Default Drink drivers

This is probably not what you think it is. Thankfully.

My idiotic 21yo niece has been done for 0.09 in the ACT. She's a known
****-head who thus far has had the good fortune to be either not driving
or not caught.

So - what I'm after is STERN lecture material and I figured that cyclists
being about the most vulnerable class of road user would be able to come
up with some suitable material. I have no problem with being downright
rude and offensive if it'll help get the message across...:-)
If anyone knows of any _really_ meaningfull ****ed-idiot-driving type sites
please forward 'em on. What you reckon is a meaningfull penalty would
be usefll too...

If you don't want to post contributions here - that's fine. Send it to
the user forsythm at optushome.com.au and I'll pass 'em on...:-)

This is a subject especially dear to my heart - I've lost 3 close friends
all cyclists to drunk drivers over the years.

Ta folks.

Ooroo
Mark F...

--

HUMBUG
Old August 5th 04, 01:07 PM
Munk3y

HUMBUG wrote:
[...]

There is a wealth of info at the Australian Drug Information Newtork
http://www.adin.com.au/
... have a look around, you may find something that helps. A lot of it is
aimed at academics/professionals, but there is also a lot of info for
the general public.
Old August 5th 04, 09:30 PM
flyingdutch

Munk3y Wrote:
HUMBUG wrote:
[...]

"How would you like your kids/family/loved-ones attacked accidently by
1.5 tonns of steel and vaguey controlled by someone drunk?"

--
flyingdutch

Old August 5th 04, 10:39 PM
M2/27

"HUMBUG" wrote in message

This is probably not what you think it is. Thankfully.

My idiotic 21yo niece has been done for 0.09 in the ACT. She's a known
****-head

What's her mobile number? Nothing beats a 21yo **** head.......and sounds
like she'll give you a lift home from the pub when you're finished.
Brilliant.

Old August 5th 04, 10:41 PM
ritcho

HUMBUG Wrote:
[...]

How about a visit to the local casualty ward? Or perhaps a visit to
your late friends' relatives (may be a little insensitive)

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old August 6th 04, 12:25 AM
HUMBUG

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:41:25 +1000, ritcho Wrote :

snip

How about a visit to the local casualty ward? Or perhaps a visit to

Nice idea but...

your late friends' relatives (may be a little insensitive)

That, my friend, is a brilliant suggestion. Consider it done.

Ritch

--

Humbug
Old August 6th 04, 01:33 AM
hippy

M2/27 Wrote:
"HUMBUG"
My idiotic 21yo niece has been done for 0.09 in the ACT. She's a

known
****-head

What's her mobile number? Nothing beats a 21yo **** head.......and
sounds like she'll give you a lift home from the pub when you're

finished.
Brilliant.

hehe.. pity she's in the ACT..

I don't suppose you want to follow her to the pub and every time she
decides to go near a car while drunk - embarass the hell out of her?
She eventually be too scared to drink and drive..

Let her tyres down every Fri and Sat night?

Buy her grog on the condition she leaves the car at home? Actually,
that's too much of a reward..

Steal her car? Install one of those alcohol-checking locks?

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 6th 04, 02:16 AM
HUMBUG

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:33:48 +1000, hippy Wrote :

Ta one and all - I've had some brilliant suggestions. The absolute best
was a self confessed lurker from aol who reckons that the DUI
penalties are too lenient and advocated the following for any BAC over
zero:-

1. Mandatory loss of licence FOR LIFE.

2. An increase in your tax rate to 75% of gross income FOR LIFE.

3. Prohibited from travelling in or on ANY motor vehicle except
public transport. FOR LIFE.

4. The car you were caught in - regardless of who it belongs
to - should be put through the crusher and the remains forwarded
to you for disposal. You wouldn't be able to remove any personal
belongings from the car before it's crushed.

and

5. 5 years imprisonment without hope of parole.

Seems entirely reasonable to me...

--

Humbug
Old August 6th 04, 06:07 AM
M2/27

"hippy" wrote in message

M2/27 Wrote:
"HUMBUG"
[...]

I was thinking more along the lines of "anal" or something similar.