Giant OCR 1 vs. OCR 2

Old March 31st 05, 09:38 PM
Plin

Default Giant OCR 1 vs. OCR 2

A LBS has 2004 models of the Giant OCR1 and OCR2 for $925 and $780,
respectively. The '04 OCR 1 is actually better than the '05 model,
since it uses Ultegra front and rear, vs. Ultegra/105 on the '05. Are
these good deals, or should I try and haggle them down a bit? They'll
even give me $100 trade-in for my 20 year old Centurion Lemans RS (only

if I get the OCR 1).

Also, I'm deciding whether to go for the OCR 1 or 2. I'll use the bike
mainly to get/stay in shape and won't be racing or anything, but I'll
probably keep this bike for at least 10 years. The OCR 2 uses
105/Tiagra. Considering the price difference is only $140, I'll
probably get the OCR 1.

Old March 31st 05, 11:05 PM
Martian Biker

FYR, as of last week my LBS sold 05' OCR1 & 2 at $880 and $680,
respectively. I own an OCR2.. It's a great cross-training (and now
commuting) machine to me.

Since your LBS is willing to sell their OCR1 at $825 (after trade-in),
you're talking about an even smaller price difference ($45) from their
OCR2 -- sounds like a very appealing offer indeed.

Old March 31st 05, 11:06 PM
catzz66

Plin wrote:
A LBS has 2004 models of the Giant OCR1 and OCR2 for $925 and $780,
respectively. The '04 OCR 1 is actually better than the '05 model,
since it uses Ultegra front and rear, vs. Ultegra/105 on the '05. Are
these good deals, or should I try and haggle them down a bit? They'll
even give me $100 trade-in for my 20 year old Centurion Lemans RS (only

if I get the OCR 1).

Also, I'm deciding whether to go for the OCR 1 or 2. I'll use the bike
mainly to get/stay in shape and won't be racing or anything, but I'll
probably keep this bike for at least 10 years. The OCR 2 uses
105/Tiagra. Considering the price difference is only $140, I'll
probably get the OCR 1.

These are priced roughly equivalent to the Trek 1500 and 1200 locally
though the components are not exactly similar. The Giant models seem to
have a slight edge for the money. I was looking at these four bikes
too, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger and buy a new bike,
so I bought a used one instead.