What's a good tire pump ?

Old March 31st 05, 02:43 PM
Perfect Wish

Default What's a good tire pump ?

I looking for a good economical tire pump with an acurate gauge and a
direct connection to presta values, no adapters, that will inflate a tire
115-150 psi. Any suggestions ?

Old March 31st 05, 04:31 PM
Jeff Starr

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:43:58 -0500, "Perfect Wish"
wrote:

I looking for a good economical tire pump with an acurate gauge and a
direct connection to presta values, no adapters, that will inflate a tire
115-150 psi. Any suggestions ?

Do a search on tire pumps in this and the rec.bicycles.tech forums.
There have been numerous threads, covering the topics of both at home
floor pumps and frame mount pumps.

I've been happy with a Topeak Joe Blow pump with a Smarthead.
As long as the gauge is consistent, you can achieve reliable results.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old March 31st 05, 04:31 PM
Brian Huntley

Perfect Wish wrote:
I looking for a good economical tire pump with an acurate gauge and

direct connection to presta values, no adapters, that will inflate a

tire
115-150 psi. Any suggestions ?

The Betos is good and economical, with a gauge and a direct connect to
both Preta and Schrader, no adapters. I've used mine up to about
115-120, it may go higher. 150? What the heck are your riding?

Old March 31st 05, 05:12 PM
Bill Sornson

Air.

(Bad ones do, too.)

Slow morning...

/b

Old March 31st 05, 06:10 PM
Ken Marcet

"Perfect Wish" wrote in message
I looking for a good economical tire pump with an acurate gauge and a
direct connection to presta values, no adapters, that will inflate a tire
115-150 psi. Any suggestions ?

Go to your LBS and ask them for advise, I did this a couple of weeks ago,
and they gave me some good advise, and I got a Pyramid Pro series frame pump
with gauge and it seems to be pretty good.

Ken

Old March 31st 05, 06:43 PM
maxo

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:31:00 +0000, Jeff Starr wrote:

I've been happy with a Topeak Joe Blow pump with a Smarthead.

I got one of those for under 20usd. Nice head. Large and accurate dial.
Works.

Tbh, I can't think of any really bad floor pumps that you could buy at a
bike shop, they're all pretty consistently decent.

Frame and mini pumps--now there's where you can get some real lemons.

Old March 31st 05, 11:08 PM
Bill H.

I bought a Wrench Force floor pump with a gauge. Nice. Works well.
About $23 at my LBS, probably less online. But go to an LBS - the
markup isn't as bad as other things.

-Bill H.

Old April 1st 05, 12:24 AM
Pat

"Perfect Wish" I looking for a good economical tire pump with an acurate
gauge and a
: direct connection to presta values, no adapters, that will inflate a tire
: 115-150 psi. Any suggestions ?

You didn't mention if you want a floor pump or one that you attach to the
bike. Go to your LBS and try 'em out. A lot of the choice here is just how
it feels in your hands; how sturdy it is; and where you plan to use it.

Pat in TX
:
: