JimmyMac & Tom Sherman - how do they differ?

Old September 25th 08, 05:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default JimmyMac & Tom Sherman - how do they differ?

On Sep 24, 9:04*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
JimmyMac has become a comforting stalker to me and nothing more. He does not
have a clue about anything, least of all me.

Don't flatter yourself. You are transparent not a person of depth or
complexity that remains an enigma to anyone of even average
intelligence. Just the same what is comforting is believing such
nonsense. Delusion is like that.

I know how to handle him with
one hand tied behind my back. Although he will never believe this, I
actually like him in an odd sort of way.

Tom Sherman is another kind of fish altogether. If I thought he were stupid
I could easily dismiss him, but he has shown himself over and over on these
newsgroups that although he is frequently wrongheaded he is not stupid.
Therefore I consider him a more worthy adversary for me.

I would prefer to like Tom Sherman the same as I do JimmyMac, but it is
impossible. Not because he is a liberal (I was once much more liberal than
him in my long lost youth), but because he is a coward. JimmyMac has never
proven himself a coward. He is as courageous as you would want any ally to
be.

ARBR is a very small newsgroup. It is not possible to remain anonymous on
this group. After a few posts you will be known by one and all. This
newsgroup was assaulted by a criminal vandal troll several years ago by the
name of Ed Gin and Tom Sherman stood silent. JimmyMac and I, in our own
separate ways, fought the good fight, but neither of us were that important
to the group. But Tom Sherman was. He was Mr. ARBR himself. Yet he stood by
and did nothing in the face of the enemy.

His explanation for his lack of action has never made any sense. ARBR today
is mere ghost of its former self. A small newsgroup can easily be destroyed
by a criminal vandal troll. Anyone who is the least bit normal will leave
and never return. Mr. Sherman could have prevented this by manning the
ramparts, but he refused to do so.

Scumbags like Ed Gin we will always have with us but it was up to Tom
Sherman to blow the ****er away. Instead, he was content to let ARBR wither
away from lack of action. I am only a gadfly here on ARBR; Mr. Sherman was
Mr. ARBR himself. He seems not to realize the responsibilities that go with
importance.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka