Anyone who spends $6K on a bike is a moron!

Old March 26th 05, 04:13 AM
Mike Latondresse

Zoot Katz wrote in
:

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:11:57 -0600, , Ken
Pisichko wrote:

Amen to that!! I put my Rolex away 18 years ago when my first son
was born. The cheap digital watches (thank you NASA and the
race-to-the-moon-program for that) are much more maintenance-free
AND accurate. That said, the Rolex still looks nicer - and it is a
genuine Rolex.

The Bulova Accutron was the first watch into zero gravity.

My Accutron resonated through my bones, so when you were asleep you
could always hear this hummmmm at 360 cmp....drove me nuts (which is
why I now post here).
Old March 26th 05, 04:36 AM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 04:13:20 GMT,
,
Mike Latondresse wrote:

The Bulova Accutron was the first watch into zero gravity.

My Accutron resonated through my bones, so when you were asleep you
could always hear this hummmmm at 360 cmp....drove me nuts (which is
why I now post here).

I could never wear mine. I kept its strap buckled through the pocket
button hole of a jean jacket or overalls I wore to work for CPR. (they
wouldn't pass my Hamilton 992A). I treated it like a pocket watch.

It's the only thing stolen during a break-in six years ago. I have the
original receipt and serial number but it's never shown up anywhere.
--
zk
Old March 26th 05, 05:01 AM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:45:31 GMT,
, maxo
wrote:

I posted my real address on usenet once
in an act of stupidity and the amount of spam it generated was insane.

I post mine everyday (almost) and my spam quotient remains fairly
constant at four per day.

I don't respond to yahoo or hotmail addresses, ever.

Operamail.com appears to have some decent filtering in place. During
the hey-days of some recent trojans I was getting several more than
normal but it toned down quite suddenly.
--
zk
Old March 26th 05, 05:32 AM
S o r n i

Tom Sherman wrote:
Neil Brooks wrote:

Yup. It's really, really nice, too. In fact, I'm going out to meet
Sorni right now and enjoy 60 or 70 sunny San Diego miles on it ;-)...

How many miles per pun do you get on these rides?

In more ways than one, I have a hard time keeping pace with Neil.

Old March 26th 05, 05:37 AM
S o r n i

Neil Brooks wrote:
"Maggie" wrote:

YOU RIDE A $6,000 bike? I can't even imagine it.

Yup. It's really, really nice, too. In fact, I'm going out to meet
Sorni right now and enjoy 60 or 70 sunny San Diego miles on it ;-)

Take a gander? http://www.nbeener.com/moots.html

OK, this is just freaking SAD! (See the CRASH! thread, but bring your
hanky.)

{snip}

As I said, it's pretty disproportionate in our case, but not relative
to how we spend our time, and--if I'm right: that I can own this baby
for at least a decade (as another poster reminded us)--it'll be a very
reasonable $/mile/year/smile investment after all.

Well, you were only off by 9 years, 11 months and a week or so. Sigh.

Off to the Moots now. Great day, all!

He was just, so, INNOCENT back then. (All 10 hours ago.)

Verklempt Vernon

Old March 26th 05, 05:43 AM
S o r n i

maxo wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:37:44 -0800, Zoot Katz wrote:

My nicest ones don't even have the telltale Performance 'P' on
'em...

I'd sure not want to wear shorts or knickers with pee on them.

If you're not soiling your shorts on the climbs, you're not hammering
hard enough.

btw, for those that didn't know, Sorni was referring to Performance
"brand" shorts (I think). fwiw, I think their 8 panel shorts are
really comfy and durable.

I wore 'em today...and they DO have the 'P'! (These are the Performance
Ultra, I think? Elite line nowhere near as nice.) I'd forgotten the logo
on the leg.

I like bibs too, but I'm pale and they make me look like a mime. :P

I almost only wear bibs now -- especially on road rides -- you wear a jersey
OVER the white straps, you know

Marcel Bill

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Rides 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM