Bracelets for Bike Lanes?

Old March 24th 05, 04:11 AM
Claire Petersky

Default Bracelets for Bike Lanes?

Do you need to be a rocket scientist to know it's a jungle out there?

It's not a jungle, it's my queendom. Duh.

I spent some time being a bit more conscious about how I communicate the
fact that I own the road while on my bike. Here's how:

In general, I obey the traffic laws and signal all turns. This is to
reassure cars that I am not some dimwit or DWI licence-pulled drunkard, but
am relatively predictable and reliable. You can expect that I will more or
less follow the rules of the road and will communicate to other vehicles
about my intentions.

Second, if I don't want you to pass, I take the lane. I may also give you
the "slow down" hand signal, indicating that you will need to slow down and
sit behind me until I am prepared to allow you to pass.

Third, if I do want you to pass, and you appear to be timid, I will invite
you to pass me. This is because I am gracious with my pavement.

Fourth, I never unnecessarily let motorists cede the right of way to me. If
motorists truly had respect for me, they would not do this. So I don't let
them.

Not everyone, of course, realizes that I am the Queen of the Road, even
after I have given them all indications that I am and they need to treat me
with proper respect. My first response is typically indignation, but really,
spending too much focus on such lowlifes is not worthy of any of our
personal energies.

But reading your other posts, I realize you are not ready to ascend the
throne. Instead, you cower on your indoor "bicycle" like a little mouse. No
wonder you believe yourself to be a victim before you even try.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
See the books I've set free at:

Old March 24th 05, 04:21 AM
Tom Sherman

Claire Petersky wrote:

But reading your other posts, I realize you are not ready to ascend the
throne. Instead, you cower on your indoor "bicycle" like a little mouse. No
wonder you believe yourself to be a victim before you even try.

Wow! So this is what a flame by Claire looks like!

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 24th 05, 04:47 AM
S o r n i

Tom Sherman wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

But reading your other posts, I realize you are not ready to ascend
the throne. Instead, you cower on your indoor "bicycle" like a
little mouse. No wonder you believe yourself to be a victim before
you even try.

Wow! So this is what a flame by Claire looks like!

Yeah, note to self: don't anger the Queen!

Bill "28 very beach-oriented miles today...all outside, cars well in my
command (but I couldn't describe it as well as Ms. P.)" S.

Old March 24th 05, 04:17 PM

Tom Sherman wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

But reading your other posts, I realize you are not ready to ascend

the
throne. Instead, you cower on your indoor "bicycle" like a little

mouse. No
wonder you believe yourself to be a victim before you even try.

Wow! So this is what a flame by Claire looks like!

Pretty classy, I'd say!