Police hunt cyclist that killed a pedestrian in London

Old February 11th 17, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Police hunt cyclist that killed a pedestrian in London

Police want to trace a cyclist following the death of a pedestrian in
Shepherd’s Bush, west London.
The cyclist was involved in a collision with a 72-year-old man in
Frithville Gardens.
The man was taken to a central London hospital by the London ambulance
service following the incident on 30 December but died on 15 January.
Detectives are appealing to trace the cyclist, who is described as a
black male. He stopped at the scene of the collision, but as police were
informed of the incident only after the pedestrian’s death, they have no
record of who he is.

It is time that cyclists became as accountable for their actions as
motor vehicles users are, including mandatory reporting of crashes
involving injury.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-death-london
Old February 11th 17, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 11/02/2017 11:52, MrCheerful wrote:

It is time that cyclists became as accountable for their actions as
motor vehicles users are, including mandatory reporting of crashes
involving injury.

I had a quick look at the site of the accident. I noticed cars parked on
both sides of the road obscuring visibility. I think it is time we
stopped allowing motorists to abandon their cars by the side of the road.

Old February 11th 17, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
On 11/02/2017 11:52, MrCheerful wrote:

It is time that cyclists became as accountable for their actions as
motor vehicles users are, including mandatory reporting of crashes
involving injury.

I had a quick look at the site of the accident. I noticed cars parked on
both sides of the road obscuring visibility. I think it is time we
stopped allowing motorists to abandon their cars by the side of the road.

So you don't think that the cyclist has any role or responsibility in
running into a pedestrian? Bizarre.
Old February 11th 17, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 11/02/2017 13:45, MrCheerful wrote:
On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
On 11/02/2017 11:52, MrCheerful wrote:

It is time that cyclists became as accountable for their actions as
motor vehicles users are, including mandatory reporting of crashes
involving injury.

I had a quick look at the site of the accident. I noticed cars parked on
both sides of the road obscuring visibility. I think it is time we
stopped allowing motorists to abandon their cars by the side of the road.

So you don't think that the cyclist has any role or responsibility in
running into a pedestrian? Bizarre.

You attribute a belief to me that is in no way reflected in anything I
wrote. Bizarre indeed!
Old February 11th 17, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
On 11/02/2017 11:52, MrCheerful wrote:

It is time that cyclists became as accountable for their actions as
motor vehicles users are, including mandatory reporting of crashes
involving injury.

I had a quick look at the site of the accident. I noticed cars parked on
both sides of the road obscuring visibility. I think it is time we
stopped allowing motorists to abandon their cars by the side of the
road.

So you don't think that the cyclist has any role or responsibility in
running into a pedestrian? Bizarre.

You attribute a belief to me that is in no way reflected in anything I
wrote. Bizarre indeed!

It is the responsibility of the vehicle user to move at a speed and
manner suitable for the conditions, the only one responsible in this
case is the cyclist.
Old February 11th 17, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
On 11/02/2017 11:52, MrCheerful wrote:

It is time that cyclists became as accountable for their actions as
motor vehicles users are, including mandatory reporting of crashes
involving injury.

I had a quick look at the site of the accident. I noticed cars parked on
both sides of the road obscuring visibility. I think it is time we
stopped allowing motorists to abandon their cars by the side of the
road.

So you don't think that the cyclist has any role or responsibility in
running into a pedestrian? Bizarre.

You attribute a belief to me that is in no way reflected in anything I
wrote. Bizarre indeed!

It is the responsibility of the vehicle user to move at a speed and
manner suitable for the conditions, the only one responsible in this
case is the cyclist.

Since you were obviously there and know exactly what happened have you responded to the police request for witnesses?
Old February 11th 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
[...]

You imagine that the 70 plus year old jumped out of a window and landed
in front of the cyclist? What possible scenario would make it NOT the
fault of the cyclist?, after all presumed liability says it was his fault.
Old February 11th 17, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
[...]

I would rather deal with facts rather than imagination, do you have any relevant to this case?

Old February 11th 17, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
[...]

Yes, a cyclist has killed a pedestrian and not come forward to accept
the consequences of his actions.
Old February 11th 17, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

On 11/02/2017 12:23, Nick wrote:
[...]

And he won't come forward.
Cyclists don't do that sort of thing.