A meeting with plod on Friday

Old May 20th 12, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

Default A meeting with plod on Friday

On Sat, 19 May 2012 23:20:31 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On May 19, 7:54*pm, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 19/05/2012 19:32, Simon Mason wrote:

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
On 08/05/2012 18:21, Simon Mason wrote:
I have a meeting with Humberside Police scheduled for 1100 this Friday
in connection with two counts of dangerous driving that I wish to report
in connection with the following incident.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadrage.wmv

I will report back in due course.

You've had a week, how about an interim report.

I did not bother in the end.
It turned out that I would have had to cycle to Queen's Gardens in the city
centre at 1100, make a statement then as I was due to be at work for 1430
would have had to freeze my nuts off for two hours with best result that he
may get a ticking off, so I would have ended up more inconvenienced than he
would have been.

When I rang up to cancel, plod was most upset as he was a cyclist himself
and wanted to see if he could prosecute the driver.
--
Simon Mason

Translation #1 *'I bottled it'
Translation #2 *'It was all lies, so here is a lie to cover up the other
lies'

Why should I have "bottled it"?
I can give you the incident log number if you wish and you can check
yourself with Humberside Police - in fact I will photocopy it when I
get home.
I simply could not be arsed. that's all.

Right - so you phone up - they give you an incident number (all OK up to now)

You then have second thoughts (after seeing what people posted here - ie the
people you call trolls) when they have said that they wanted to see the
footage - and what do you do?

Bottle it.

No, ifs, buts, or maybes.

You bottled it.

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own

Old May 20th 12, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message

Translation #1 'I bottled it'
Translation #2 'It was all lies, so here is a lie to cover up the other
lies'

Why should I have "bottled it"?
I can give you the incident log number if you wish and you can check
yourself with Humberside Police - in fact I will photocopy it when I
get home.
I simply could not be arsed. that's all.

"Not being arsed" to do anything about it is how the vast majority of
motorists (and probably also cyclists) feel about the daily incidents and
near-accidents they experience when out on their travels. It's a sign of
maturity, and shows you have a realistic view of the world. If you are
also starting to feel the same, then welcome to the grown-ups' club.

I told the cop the same thing - if I had reported every single road rage
incident and act of aggression towards me it would be a full time job.
I *was* going to go ahead with this one as it was particularly nasty and he
agreed, but in the end it would be me that got inconvenienced not the
drivers.

Here is the crime number for the people who called me a liar.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/crimenr.jpg

--
Simon Mason

Old May 20th 12, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mike P[_7_]

On Sun, 20 May 2012 20:58:31 +0100, Simon Mason ventured forth with :

[...]

Is there a reason that you haven't scanned the original chit they give
you with the crime reference on it? I'm sure even in Hull they don't give
out manky bits of cardboard with numbers scribbled on them.

So, is it

a) You left it in your sweaty cycling shorts and it fell apart?
b) You left it in your car
c) Your dog/cat/self ate it
d) You are full of ****?

Hmm, I wonder..

--
Mike P
Old May 20th 12, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

"Ian wrote in message

[...]

What a bell end that bloke is.

University
Old May 20th 12, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Mike P wrote:

d) You are full of ****?

Hmm, I wonder..

I don't. The **** has claimed that I sent him email, for example, and I
have done no such thing and have no interest in communicating with the
demented *******. Not just full of ****, but running over with it.

Old May 20th 12, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tony Dragon

On 20/05/2012 20:58, Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Oh look, that car is for sale at a dealer in Hull.

http://www.allrightautos.co.uk/used/...shire/13283203
Old May 20th 12, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth

Simon Mason wrote:

Here is the crime number for the people who called me a liar.

Means squat.

Here's the crime number for the time that you tried to punch Mel Gibson
in the teeth, missed and ended up breaking the window of a car: 445

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/crimenr.jpg

Awww look, you got one of the children to scrawl it out for you. I bet
you can't wait until they develop some hand-eye coordination.
Old May 20th 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mike P[_7_]

On Sun, 20 May 2012 21:30:57 +0100, Tony Dragon ventured forth with :

[...]

http://www.allrightautos.co.uk/used/...Gt%20Tdi/Hull/

East%20Yorkshire/13283203

Ha ha what an utter ****. Ha ha.

--
Mike P
Old May 20th 12, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mike P[_7_]

On Sun, 20 May 2012 21:23:47 +0100, Steve Firth ventured forth with :

Mike P wrote:

d) You are full of ****?

Hmm, I wonder..

I don't. The **** has claimed that I sent him email, for example, and I
have done no such thing and have no interest in communicating with the
demented *******. Not just full of ****, but running over with it.

Yes, quite.

I'm sure that you won't mind if I ask Mr. Mason to post the email he
claimed you sent him, complete with headers here as proof?

--
Mike P
Old May 21st 12, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

"Ian wrote in message

[...]

Complete & utter ****wit.

Beyond parody.

University

A thanks from Plod Simon Mason UK 98 November 7th 11 11:01 PM
Another one for Plod Simon Mason UK 1 October 10th 11 06:54 AM
At least plod got this one right Simon Mason UK 2 August 7th 11 09:25 PM
Herne Hill Good Friday Meeting Steve Smith UK 0 April 6th 07 09:39 PM
Good old Plod ;-) \(t'other\) Dave UK 18 April 24th 04 08:20 AM